UK loses £11 billion a year to fraud and cybercrime
British businesses and members of the public lost a combined £10.9 billion pounds to fraud last year, according to new figures from anti-fraud groups.
Averaged across the whole adult population of the UK that equates to around £210 per person, but Action Fraud and Get Safe Online warn that the real figure is likely to be even higher.
Those polled by the group who said they had been a victim of online crime lost an average of £523 each but almost 40 per cent of victims said they hadn’t bothered to report the incident. More than a third (38 per cent) said they felt the matter was too trivial... read more
- 14:01 Zlatan Ibrahimovic's agent reveals whether Sir Alex Ferguson ever...
- 14:01 UNITARY AUTHORITY: East Lindsey ‘will actively engage’ in discussions
- 14:01 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 14:01 Iconic Nolia 31310 mobile phone is back in business after relaunch
- 14:00 Former drug addict gets his first job in 30 years
- 14:00 Britain’s first ‘bionic dog’ runs again after being found with paws...
- 14:00 Jay Z and P!nk among Virgin V Festival 2017 headliners - along with...
- 14:00 BREAKING: Armed police make two arrests on major Sheffield road...
- 13:59 Teenager Brandon Bilsborough jailed for at least 25 years for...
- 13:58 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:59 Pakistan confirms seven extra passengers carried on fully booked...
- 13:58 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 13:58 TOWIE tans really do make men more attractive to women, suggests...
- 13:58 Huge bridge beams installed as part of Wellingborough’s Stanton...
- 13:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: ‘I will stop on top’
- 13:57 Manchester United star Eric Bailly gets revenge on Antonio Valencia...
- 13:56 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:56 Luke Shaw set to leave Manchester United: He’s had enough under...
- 13:56 Here's what the retirement house of the future might look like
- 13:56 Clifton shop goes on the market - and it's rent-free for a year
- 13:55 Redundancy led to own business for Castleford marketer
- 13:55 YP Letters: Coping with challenge of variety in classroom
- 13:55 Pontefract student lands C4 TV drama role
- 13:55 Scunthorpe man dies after crash
- 13:54 22 drink related deaths in Scotland each week
- 13:54 Police Scotland seeks to ‘do more with fewer people’
- 13:53 Nokia 3310 officially revealed: Everything you need to know
- 13:53 Woman pulled to ground during struggle with armed robber in...
- 13:53 Tailbacks after lane closures on M1 at Wakefield
- 13:53 Plan for 100 homes approved for Leicester's St Mary's allotments site