UK inflation sees biggest jump in two years to highest since November 2014
British inflation recorded its sharpest jump in more than two years in September, even without any direct evidence of the weaker pound pushing up prices, official figures showed on Tuesday.
Annual consumer price inflation rose to 1.0 percent from 0.6 percent in August, the highest level since November 2014 and the biggest jump from one month to the next since June 2014, the Office for National Statistics said.
Economists polled by Reuters had expected a reading of 0.9 percent, and Tuesday's figure was at the top end of the range of forecasts. They are likely to view September's rise as only... read more
- 13:06 Multiple motoring offences admitted by Melton man
- 13:05 Greek, Turkish Cypriots to discuss territory trade offs in November
- 13:05 Bollore executive says speed a factor in Cameroon accident, train...
- 13:05 Pitch in your vote to help grant bid
- 13:05 Charity foundation will be caring Josh's lasting legacy
- 13:03 Aldi set to open first store in Rutland - with special golden...
- 13:02 Monte Paschi sub debt rallies on liability management proposal
- 13:02 VIDEO - Check out the world’s first airbag for cyclists
- 13:02 'Sick crew' BA jet diverted to Vancouver
- 13:01 Fall in number of crimes and anti-social behaviour incidents...
- 13:01 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 13:01 Support growing for finalists in contest
- 13:01 Thug who battered partner to death after finding her in bed with...
- 13:01 Beijing threatens legal action over webcam claims
- 13:01 Smartwatch sales show sharp decline, report finds
- 13:00 Family’s mission to help others
- 13:00 Bastian Schweinsteiger can lift Manchester United - Manuel Neuer
- 13:00 Chris Ashton to join Toulon from Saracens at the end of this season
- 13:00 Henrikh Mkhitaryan was supposed to show that Manchester United can...
- 12:59 Reunion event for workers of Bloom & Billet Mill set to take place
- 12:59 Season's first seal pups born at Lincolnshire nature reserve
- 12:59 What would happen if a nuclear bomb hit Scunthorpe?
- 12:59 Scunthorpe United look for good away following at Charlton Athletic...
- 12:59 Last tenant moves out as bulldozers are set to move in on Albert...
- 12:59 Government commits to using UK steel after giving backing to...
- 12:59 Anniversary for family run Whaley Bridge company
- 12:58 Biker relives horrifying moment he fell head-first on rocks and...
- 12:58 HK legislature delays swearing-in of pro-independence lawmakers...
- 12:58 Woman's agonising TWO-AND-A-HALF-YEAR wait for pain relief treatment
- 12:57 Screws placed around victim's car after vandals target home