UK house prices rise more slowly in September: Nationwide
British house prices rose more slowly in September than in August, according to figures from mortgage lender Nationwide, adding to signs of a cooling in the housing market after voters decided in June to leave the European Union.
Prices rose by 5.3 percent in September compared with the same month last year, slower than August's increase of 5.6 percent, Nationwide said.
The September figure matched expectations from economists polled by Reuters.
In monthly terms, house prices rose by 0.3 percent, also slowing from a rise of 0.6 percent in August.
Nationwide economist Robert Gardner said the... read more
- 00:30 Migrant children: Pentagon asked to house migrant minors
- 00:26 Part-privatisation of probation sector 'is a mess', MPs say
- 00:24 The UK's rapid return to city centre living
- 00:18 MPs to investigate 'fast fashion' impact
- 00:18 Probation system 'a mess' despite reforms, say MPs
- 00:17 Are Instagram stars facing a brand backlash?
- 00:12 Church of England makes last-minute approach to abuse survivors
- 00:11 Viewpoint: Why the Kashmir government fall is a tragedy
- 00:10 BREAKING: Eurozone nations agree to end Greece austerity with debt...
- 00:06 Quebec City mosque shooter 'not a monster' say parents
- 00:06 Chelsea reportedly agree £31m deal to sign Juventus centre-back...
- 00:05 House of Fraser rescue plan faces vote
- 23:50 Sanderson delighted as 'fantastic day' puts Northants on brink of...
- 23:37 US banks pass financial stress tests
- 23:37 EU tariffs on US goods come into force
- 23:20 Sergio Aguero hits out at Argentina boss Jorge Sampaoli after...
- 23:20 Are any 1990s World Cup stars still playing professional football?
- 23:15 Teen's shock as he sees man being 'attacked' in Greatfield Estate...
- 23:10 Families of white working-class children 'lack drive' of migrants
- 23:06 Shamed MSP Mark McDonald set for one-month suspension without pay...
- 23:06 Groom jilted by younger wife days after wedding hit out at...
- 23:06 Missing Allan Bryant's family in 'living hell' as they launch...
- 23:06 Worker dies after incident at industrial estate as investigation is...
- 23:06 'Miracle' dad suffers FIFTEEN heart attacks in three hours and...
- 23:06 OAPs left shaken after car smashes into their home for the third time
- 23:01 University staff ‘beat puppy to death after it walked into dormitory’
- 22:55 David Law escapes the wind to lead at Spey Valley
- 22:50 Russell Brand, 42, set to become a father for second time with wife...
- 22:50 Ariana Grande and Pete Davidson's love nest revealed! Inside the...
- 22:50 Love Island SPOILER: Laura and Wes' relationship heats up as they...