UK house prices leap by £17k on average in just one year - and the East and South East of England see the biggest gains
A typical property in Britain added £3,000 of value in August despite worries over the potential impact of the EU referendum vote, data from the Office for National Statistics shows this morning.
The value of the average home now sits at £219,000, £17,000 more than the same month last year with annual price inflation rising to 8.4 per cent, a nudge higher than the rate recorded in July.
The graph below shows how prices have soared since 2013, when the typical UK property value sat closer to the £170,000 mark.
A number of experts and think tanks predicted prices would tumble in the aftermath... read more
- 09:29 Identiy of SNP consultant who met Cambridge Analytica revealed
- 09:28 Atletico Madrid dealt huge injury blow for Arsenal clash
- 09:28 Arsene Wenger critics are ‘stupid’… he’s not the real reason...
- 09:27 Campaigning Northampton pensioner calls on council to set up day...
- 09:26 Police investigating death of man found inside Batley house
- 09:25 Leeds office site wins wellbeing prize
- 09:25 ‘Without the Leeds trauma centre, I wouldn’t be here today’
- 09:25 Power cut hits 60 South Yorkshire homes
- 09:24 Extra tickets released for Runrig’s farewell concert
- 09:23 Liverpool will sign a striker this summer, Roberto Firmino needs...
- 09:23 Orgasms, assemble: You can now get Avengers themed sex toys
- 09:23 St Johnstone boss Tommy Wright focusing on positives after Dens defeat
- 09:23 St Johnstone’s Stefan Scougall looking to finish season with a...
- 09:23 Slate will be wiped clean for play-offs, says Dundee United boss...
- 09:22 Daniele De Rossi ends his long wait for dream date at Anfield
- 09:22 Severe disruption to Northern train services after incident between...
- 09:22 Plans for new Premier Inn on Scarborough waterpark site revealed
- 09:22 'Nothing beats the hunt for tunes that will change your life':...
- 09:21 Fire crews tackle village blaze
- 09:21 Memorial wall in Radcliffe pays tribute to First World War heroes
- 09:20 Expansion planned at prominent Carlisle factory
- 09:20 Hospital apologises to actress Han Ye-seul for surgery error that...
- 09:20 Sarah Jessica Parker insists there’s ‘no catfight’ with Kim...
- 09:20 Severe disruption to Northern train services after incident between...
- 09:19 Library of Birmingham reopens following three day closure
- 09:19 Chorley Court Listings - Tuesday April 24 2018
- 09:19 Wigan teen rushed to burns unit with serious injuries following...
- 09:19 Sunderland teenager’s funding appeal to take part in Paralympics
- 09:18 The Leeds Fund: Confectioner’s sweet gift for young people
- 09:18 New Crown poker machine tampering claims to be investigated