UK house prices: East and South driving rises, says ONS
House prices continued to rise strongly following the Brexit vote - driven by increases in eastern and southern England, official figures show.
The annual rise in UK property prices accelerated to 8.4% in August, said the Office for National Statistics (ONS).
The fastest growth was a 13.3% rise in the East of England, followed by rises of 12.2% in the South East of England and 12.1% in London.
The gap in prices between regions is widening, the data shows.
On a local level, the most expensive homes were found in the London borough of Kensington and Chelsea, where the cost of an average house... read more
- 11:58 University ‘tech’ team is officially best in the world
- 11:58 Coastguard called to reports of trio swept out to sea
- 11:58 Support stars sign up for Will Smith festival fun
- 11:58 Check out the rubbish left behind by travellers at Oakwood
- 11:58 Probe begins into flats fire
- 11:57 Student champions sports week
- 11:56 Viewers applaud Milly Dowler’s ‘brave’ sister as she releases this...
- 11:56 'Broadchurch' beach: West Bay cliff fall blocks coast path
- 11:56 Barcelona announce friendly with Chapecoense… eight months after...
- 11:56 Grenfell public inquiry: What is a public inquiry and what happens...
- 11:56 Police probing Black E brawl ask 'do you know these men'
- 11:56 Arsenal consider move for Leicester ace Riyad Mahrez after...
- 11:56 Lions team v New Zealand: Jonny Wilkinson assesses Warren Gatland’s...
- 11:56 Bogus callers claimed to be police officers and a window cleaner in...
- 11:55 NEW island emerges in same waters as Bermuda Triangle - but...
- 11:54 Funding celebrations for Maltings theatre
- 11:54 Dugdale leads tributes to Labour council stalwart
- 11:54 Police ask people who have used three firms to contact them after...
- 11:54 Peter Rabbit sculpture returns to Snugburys Ice Cream in Nantwich
- 11:54 Heartbreaking picture of boy in dad’s arms moments before he died...
- 11:54 Bridge over Coast Road to be demolished this weekend
- 11:53 Horncastle woman pleads not guilty to child abduction
- 11:53 SE Asia Stocks-Most rise; Singapore hits over one-month closing high
- 11:53 Russian military hits back over Fallon's jibe
- 11:53 New CET boss to 'double the size of the business'
- 11:52 Bodybuilder who claimed compensation over holiday food poisoning...
- 11:52 Concern over £5.5 billion contract to provide NHS services in the...
- 11:52 Jose Mourinho's transfer policy hints at his long-term plans at...
- 11:51 Liverpool and Tottenham contact Monaco about Thomas Lemar deal
- 11:51 Trainspotting director and Olympics artistic director Danny Boyle...