UK house price growth slowed in November, says Nationwide
Annual house price growth slowed slightly in November, the Nationwide has said, but demand is unlikely to lessen in the coming quarters.
Prices in November were 4.4% higher than a year earlier, compared with a 4.6% increase in October.
The building society said prices rose by 0.1% from the month before, with the average cost of a home now £204,947.
Nationwide said there were signs that demand for houses had picked up in the past few months.
"There are some signs that, despite the uncertain economic outlook, demand conditions have strengthened a little in recent months, reflecting the... read more
- 03:37 David Cameron: West needs 'course correction' after Brexit vote and...
- 03:20 Conservatives win Sleaford by-election
- 03:05 Clinton calls 'fake news' a threat to U.S. democracy
- 03:04 Australia's richest woman Gina Rinehart to buy Kidman estate
- 02:48 Sydney doctor murdered wife with insulin shot
- 02:36 Burnley to welcome Syrian refugee families
- 02:31 Nikkei rises to highest in a year on Wall St strength, weaker yen
- 02:21 The £250,000 hangover: Trishna Thakrar’s ‘research’ sampling gin...
- 02:21 Stand by your man! Millie Mackintosh shows off her pins in a...
- 02:21 Kate Beckinsale takes centre stage in racy Gothic lace gown as she...
- 02:21 Saving the best fur last! Rita Ora rocks classically glamorous coat...
- 02:21 Sheer elegance! Suki Waterhouse steals the show in mesh top and...
- 02:13 Bolivian airline CEO to be jailed until soccer crash trial over
- 02:13 South Korea's President Park faces historic impeachment vote
- 02:10 Kirk Norcross 'splits from fiancée Holli Willis and sets his sights...
- 02:10 The ultimate Poshy parent? Victoria Beckham asked Nicole...
- 02:01 Nikkei hits 1-year high on Wall Street's record run, weaker yen
- 02:00 3M to sell identity management business to Gemalto
- 01:50 JAPAN'S NIKKEI SHARE AVERAGE RISES TO HIGHEST SINCE DECEMBER 2015
- 01:50 Rush-hour shooting on Kilburn High Road leaves one dead
- 01:42 Two-thirds 'back more police getting Tasers'
- 01:41 Ian Cathro ticks all the right boxes for Rangers counterpart Mark...
- 01:41 EFL Q&A: Lawrie Wilson on his special days at Wembley and Old...
- 01:37 Conor McGregor's character in Game of Thrones REVEALED
- 01:32 Korean president Park Geun-hye faces impeachment vote
- 01:30 Japan doubles Fukushima disaster-related cost to $188 billion
- 01:27 Doctors perform surgery on fetus in the womb at 32 weeks after...
- 01:25 Damien Chazelle on La La Land's 'challenging' opening
- 01:23 Yemen conflict: What Saudis seek to achieve in messy war?
- 01:14 Arsenal fan says ‘overrated’ Mesut Ozil ‘can leave tomorrow’ as...