UK funds dump stocks for bonds, emerging markets - Reuters poll
LONDON (Reuters_ - British funds have slashed equity holdings in their portfolios, allocating more capital to bonds and to buoyant emerging markets as they fret about the risks posed by Europe's banks and U.S. elections.
The Reuters monthly survey of UK-based funds was conducted between Sept. 15-28, a period when the Bank of Japan announced a shift towards targeting long-term bond yields, vowing not to let 10-year yields dip below zero.
That move, after the European Central Bank's Sept. 8 decision to hold off further stimulus, raised speculation that despite very little sign of economic... read more
- 08:35 Keeping the social side of cycling in motion
- 08:35 A den and a ditty, close to the city
- 08:33 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte aims fresh dig at Manchester United...
- 08:28 Arsene Wenger: Arsenal chief could join Everton this summer
- 08:28 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:28 Sheffield DJ speaks out over suicidal feelings before undergoing...
- 08:27 Donald Trump’s long-awaited visit to UK could happen this July
- 08:25 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:23 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:23 Tea party for guide dogs charity in Skegness
- 08:21 The ultimate INSIDER guide to New York: From sensational...
- 08:19 Driver of car that overturned on the M6 arrested for suspected...
- 08:19 Delays after van fire on the M6
- 08:19 Pupils’ special lesson from global business
- 08:17 Three abandoned fox cubs adopted by farmer's dog
- 08:16 Protest being organised over the Ashington Hole
- 08:13 FARMING MATTERS: Lambing in full flow with lots of singles
- 08:12 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:09 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang sends tribute to departing Arsenal...
- 08:04 These 10 artists prove autism is no barrier to creativity
- 08:04 Events at the castle to celebrate St George's Day
- 08:03 Women lead the way in Cumbria - county authority votes in all...
- 08:03 Recycling changes for South Lakeland
- 08:02 Celebrating in true Stratford style
- 08:02 Departing Poulson has no intention of returning to football management
- 08:02 Duncan Slater: So proud to be part of the RAF story
- 08:02 Kevin Ogilvie: So proud to be part of the RAF story
- 08:00 Grantham Journal column: I urged Prime Minister to attack Syria
- 08:00 Oxford’s efforts can’t save Shipston from defeat
- 07:58 Elena Ferrante: ‘God didn’t make a good impression on my teenage self’