UK firms 'won't have to list foreign workers', says Fallon
UK companies will not be told to list or name foreign workers they employ, the government has said.
Defence Secretary Michael Fallon told the BBC: "We are not proposing to ask companies to name, list, identify or shame those who happen to be foreign".
Last week a Conservative briefing suggested firms would have to be "clear about the proportion of their workforce which is international".
The proposal was attacked by some as "regressive" and "nasty".
Among the critics were ex-Prime Minister David Cameron's former aide Steve Hilton, who described it as... read more
- 11:39 Chelsea are a better team when Antonio Conte picks Cesc Fabregas,...
- 11:39 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Bad weather puts a dampener on weekly Bakewell market
- 11:38 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:38 Vehicle fire closes two lanes on M1
- 11:38 WASPI CAMPAIGN: 1950s women demand action on pensions
- 11:36 Man United News: Woodward’s £1bn plan for Mourinho, £30m Arsenal...
- 11:34 Police to review 484 cases after criminal probe launched at...
- 11:34 This Bicester style village is coming to the Midlands - here's what...
- 11:34 Jordan Veretout: Midfielder on his Aston Villa future and Steve...
- 11:32 Unravelling tales about Edith
- 11:32 The first ever Muslim-friendly ‘modest’ fashion show is taking...
- 11:31 Flooded church reopens its doors to worshippers
- 11:31 Pensioner fighting for life in hospital after being hit by a taxi
- 11:30 COLUMN: How does your chippy measure up?
- 11:30 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:30 Nottingham's Jazzie Mattis progresses to BBC's Let It Shine final
- 11:30 John Terry reveals what inspired Chelsea’s FA Cup win… it’s all to...
- 11:30 Beeston's Hannah lands role working for celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay
- 11:29 Ken Loach hits out at Government as he collects Bafta for North...
- 11:29 Tamworth FC boss Morrell is desperate for consistency
- 11:25 Arsene Wenger’s brother lifts lid on ‘problem’ at Arsenal
- 11:24 Former Chelsea midfielder: I felt sick to the stomach after this
- 11:24 GREECE IN PANIC: Citizens withdraw £2.1bn from banks in 45 DAYS...
- 11:24 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep
- 11:23 Icelandic fishermen to sail again as strike ends
- 11:22 Vitamin D can help stave of colds and flu say doctors
- 11:21 A year ago, Israel, Jordan and Egypt secretly met for peace - report
- 11:20 Manchester United ready to reward Jose Mourinho with new...
- 11:20 10 things that are stopping you from getting a good night’s sleep