UK fashion retailers' sales slump in September heat - BDO survey
Britain's fashion retailers endured a slump in sales in September as unseasonably warm weather deterred sales of autumn and winter collections, industry data showed on Friday.
UK high street fashion sales fell 5.9 percent year-on-year in September, according to BDO, the accountancy and business advisory firm.
It said every week in September saw negative year-on-year sales for fashion.
BDO said high street sales across all sectors fell 2.8 percent.
September 2016 tied with September 1946 as the second hottest September since 1910, according to Britain's Met Office.
Several store groups... read more
- 17:29 Police confirm death of a woman in west Cumbria
- 17:27 Lesley Laird launches bid to be Scottish Labour deputy leader
- 17:26 ‘Disrespectful’...rubbish fly-tipped across graves in Wakefield...
- 17:26 Avicii warned management he 'was going to die' amid pressure to do...
- 17:26 Metro Bank founder Vernon Hill sees off shareholder revolt
- 17:25 Burton Albion showed Derby County performance wasn't a one-off -...
- 17:25 Two holiday venues fly the flag for Northumberland
- 17:25 This was the last runner to finish the London Marathon this year
- 17:23 Wasps: Kyle Eastmond could face Northampton Saints, Joe Simpson may...
- 17:21 Ilkeston engineering firm celebrate multi-million pound gas contract
- 17:20 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp backed to complete goalkeeper deal
- 17:18 Stollers £3m clearance marks the final stage of refurb
- 17:18 Residents in Dalton bemoan 'horrendous' parking situation
- 17:18 'Beyond belief': Brexit app for EU nationals won't work on iPhones
- 17:18 L'Enclume food award win is fantastic news for Cartmel, says...
- 17:18 Pin-prick test will determine baby's gender just EIGHT WEEKS into...
- 17:18 Hartlepool United fans fall short in goal to win cash on ITV gameshow
- 17:16 Derby County vs Cardiff City - what the result will mean for Aston...
- 17:16 This is what Aston Villa players think of the new kit deal
- 17:16 Thousands of faulty wheelie bins across Solihull are splitting apart
- 17:16 Spaghetti Junction breakdown causes chaos for commuters
- 17:16 YouTube prankster Jake Paul could be sued for £2.5 million by...
- 17:16 Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her past ‘intimacy issues’ and...
- 17:16 Scarlett Johansson reveals floral back tattoo on the Avengers:...
- 17:16 Woman, 21, hit in face with glass or bottle at student club night...
- 17:15 Luke Shaw ready to run down his Manchester United deal to leave for...
- 17:14 Cartmell Shepherd officially opens new office in West Cumbria
- 17:14 Jail for transgender beautician who assaulted police constable
- 17:13 Israel scraps plan to forcibly deport African migrants
- 17:13 Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! The top 10 beachside holiday...