UK 'facing £18bn divorce bill for Brexit'
Britain is facing a "divorce bill" of up to 20 billion euro (£18 billion) as the cost of leaving the European Union, it has been reported.
The Financial Times has calculated that more than 300 billion euros (£270 billion) of shared payment liabilities will have to be settled in Brexit negotiations.
The 20 billion euro "upper estimate" was said to cover the UK's share of continuing multi-year liabilities including 241 billion euros (£217 billion) of unpaid budget appropriations, pension liabilities of 63.8 billion euros (£57.5 billion), and other commitments totalling... read more
- 11:07 Blackburn Rovers 1 Manchester United 2: How the players rated
- 11:07 River rescue after man falls off bike in Spalding
- 11:06 Highfields spot on for win in Laidler/Lancaster Cup semi’s
- 11:06 Staffing problems loom due to shortage of trained nurses
- 11:06 Firefighters alerted to blazing car in Melton
- 11:06 Sherwood Forest show for Tom Jones
- 11:05 Eric Gilligan: UK workers’ rights on the line
- 11:05 New Ssangyong SUV to be unveiled at Geneva Motor Show 2017 -...
- 11:05 Paul Pogba need this player at Manchester United: What he does is...
- 11:05 Sam Riley is 'anxious' about SS-GB
- 11:04 PLEASE SHARE: Have you seen missing Worksop woman Anna Marie?
- 11:04 London Midland praised for improvements in customer service
- 11:03 Boys as well as girls should be told about the evils of FGM
- 11:03 Jose Mourinho provides Manchester United injury update ahead of...
- 11:03 Ander Herrera seen rousing Manchester United team-mates in tunnel...
- 11:02 Daring councillor’s 70ft charity plunge
- 11:02 Barcelona name just one Spaniard in starting XI for the first time...
- 11:02 Juventus star Dani Alves says he quit Barcelona because they were...
- 11:02 Zlatan Ibrahimovic must love playing with Paul Pogba and Chelsea...
- 11:02 Pervert police officer sacked after being caught with indecent...
- 11:02 Sheffield City Region leaders unite to tackle inequality and boost...
- 11:02 South Yorkshire farmer’s live lamb cam is an internet hit
- 11:02 FTSE steadies after setting one-month high, Unilever slumps
- 11:02 VIDEO: Family of Sheffield man shot dead say 'We are all grieving'
- 11:02 Global airlines see Doncaster Sheffield airport in new light
- 11:02 Chinese news agency warns South Korea's Lotte over THAAD
- 11:01 Lindley hair salon fire: Two arrested on suspicion of wounding with...
- 11:00 Hartlepool Marina lock emptied for first time in more than 20 years
- 11:00 Another major deal for Hartlepool company
- 11:00 Appeal for witnesses after burglary in Northamptonshire village