UK faces renting crisis: An extra 1.8 million rental homes are needed by 2025 but buy-to-let landlords are in retreat
An extra 2million households will be looking to rent rather than buy a home over the next decade as prices rise - and this could create a crisis as landlords are retreating after being hit with new taxes, surveyors have claimed.
As buying a home has become increasingly unaffordable over the past years, the number of UK households renting property has doubled from 2.3million in 2001 to 5.4million in 2014.
The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors said another 1.8million homes for rent will be needed by 2025, but warned that supply for such homes is falling and that the situation will only... read more
- 13:59 Teenager Brandon Bilsborough jailed for at least 25 years for...
- 13:58 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:59 Pakistan confirms seven extra passengers carried on fully booked...
- 13:58 URGENT APPEAL: Concern growing for missing Skegness girl
- 13:58 TOWIE tans really do make men more attractive to women, suggests...
- 13:58 Huge bridge beams installed as part of Wellingborough’s Stanton...
- 13:57 Zlatan Ibrahimovic: ‘I will stop on top’
- 13:57 Manchester United star Eric Bailly gets revenge on Antonio Valencia...
- 13:56 Iconic Nokia 3310 officially relaunched: Everything you need to know
- 13:56 Luke Shaw set to leave Manchester United: He’s had enough under...
- 13:56 Here's what the retirement house of the future might look like
- 13:56 Clifton shop goes on the market - and it's rent-free for a year
- 13:55 Redundancy led to own business for Castleford marketer
- 13:55 YP Letters: Coping with challenge of variety in classroom
- 13:55 Pontefract student lands C4 TV drama role
- 13:55 Scunthorpe man dies after crash
- 13:54 22 drink related deaths in Scotland each week
- 13:54 Police Scotland seeks to ‘do more with fewer people’
- 13:53 Nokia 3310 officially revealed: Everything you need to know
- 13:53 Woman pulled to ground during struggle with armed robber in...
- 13:53 Tailbacks after lane closures on M1 at Wakefield
- 13:53 Plan for 100 homes approved for Leicester's St Mary's allotments site
- 13:53 Owners of Bosch and Neff built-in hobs given gas leak warning
- 13:52 'I'm coming for you next you b****' : Matalan double-murderer...
- 13:52 Men bailed after altercation in Workington flat
- 13:52 Tailbacks after lane closures on M1 at Wakefield
- 13:51 Celtic teen sensation Karamoko Dembele and Rangers ace Billy...
- 13:51 Manchester United superstar Zlatan Ibrahimovic reveals what will...
- 13:51 Tailbacks after lane closures on M1 at Wakefield
- 13:51 Happy ending for otter cub separated from her mum during Storm Doris