UK economic growth revised up to 0.7%
The UK economy grew by 0.7% in the three months to the end of June, up from the 0.6% first estimated.
The figures, from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) show economic growth accelerated faster than thought in the run-up to the EU referendum.
Second-quarter gross domestic product accelerated from 0.4% growth in the previous quarter.
Other official figures show the UK's services sector grew much more strongly than expected in July.
Consumers carried on spending as normal after the Brexit vote in June.
ONS statistician Darren Morgan said: "Together this fresh data tends to support... read more
- 13:34 Pregnant Amy Childs passionately defends herself after she’s...
- 13:34 The toddler who has baffled doctors: Two-year-old's 'hot and angry'...
- 13:34 Kim Jong-nam's body to be released to North Korea
- 13:34 Teacher denies PC after docking student mark for using non-gender...
- 13:34 CYCLONE DEBBIE: Deadly BULL SHARK found 12 miles inland in small...
- 13:32 Italian police arrest pro-Islamic State trio over suspected Venice...
- 13:32 Netanyahu set to approve first West Bank settlement for 20 years
- 13:32 Syrian rebels seize swathes of south as Islamic State retreats
- 13:32 ‘Super-fit’ gran develops life-threatening diabetes through love of...
- 13:32 Statins breakthrough: Cholesterol-lowering drugs 'could combat deep...
- 13:32 We need your nominations
- 13:32 Harry Potter festival plans 'blown out the water'
- 13:31 Coventry City twin backing brother Dion to help bring back the...
- 13:31 Neil Taylor facing extended ban after horror tackle on Seamus Coleman
- 13:31 Sing to the Swing
- 13:29 Win A Wedding: The Venue
- 13:29 Former Aston Villa midfielder Nobby Solano delighted after beating...
- 13:28 Stormzy is playing in Leicester next week – here's how you can get...
- 13:26 Chelsea attempted to sign Neymar by convincing him he could be...
- 13:26 Saving the Venezuelan Amazon: mega-nature reserve? Or mega-mining...
- 13:26 We need your nominations
- 13:26 Eden Hazard has major worry: This will affect Real Madrid move
- 13:25 SpaceX to launch first reused rocket, testing cost-cutting model
- 13:24 Woman arrested for being drunk and disorderly twice in two weeks
- 13:24 Nottingham Poetry Festival 2017 - all you need to know
- 13:23 A marathon challenge to raise cash for Hartlepool hospice
- 13:23 Music a mystery to apes left baffled by Bieber and Beethoven
- 13:22 Referee speaks out following attack
- 13:22 Sing to the Swing
- 13:22 School governor jailed after being caught with 4,000 indecent...