UK construction industry shrugs off post-Brexit vote slump -PMI
LONDON - Britain's construction industry unexpectedly returned to growth in September, according to a survey that will add to doubts whether the Bank of England will ready more stimulus to offset the hit of June's Brexit vote.
The Markit/CIPS UK Construction Purchasing Managers' Index (PMI) rose to 52.3 from 49.2 in August, beating all forecasts in a Reuters poll and rising above the 50 mark that divides growth from contraction for the first time since May.
Housebuilding recovered and new orders picked up, pushing the headline index to a six-month high, although it was still well below the... read more
- 14:22 Amir Khan spars with Manny Pacquiao in unearthed footage as Pacman...
- 14:21 Car crushed by falling wall as Doris hits Lincs
- 14:21 Germany, France want long-term prospects for workers in PSA/Opel...
- 14:21 Record rise in CBI retail prices gauge signals spiralling inflation
- 14:21 Lull in once-rampant British housing market to persist for years -...
- 14:20 WATCH: Storm Doris causes chaos across Burton and South Derbyshire
- 14:18 Arsenal star has been a major disappointment this season - Didi Hamann
- 14:17 High Peak councillors approve 1.9% council tax hike
- 14:17 Nicola Sturgeon's 'heart breaks' for Paige Doherty's family after...
- 14:16 Coronation Street: Is Michelle Connor about to STEAL Leanne...
- 14:15 Sixty schools still lack a defibrillator
- 14:15 Amazon Prime imam 'stopped in the street for selfies'
- 14:15 Jury told girl 'lured' Tuohy
- 14:15 Hairdryers used to strike blow against speeders in Hopeman
- 14:15 Good Samaritans thanked
- 14:15 Date set for second inquest into suspicious death of Cumbrian baby
- 14:15 Chemo didn't stop Jo tackling challenge list
- 14:15 WATCH: Burton Albion vs Blackburn Rovers result predicted by...
- 14:14 Pictured: Diego Costa in Chelsea training ground ‘scrap’, David...
- 14:12 Arsenal FC lie in wait for former Lambs star Habergham
- 14:11 Jose Mourinho wants Casemiro at Manchester United
- 14:11 Pep Guardiola eyed Kylian Mbappe last summer - are Man City set to...
- 14:11 Manchester United legend Eric Cantona reveals his best ever team mate
- 14:10 Discover storybook characters at trail
- 14:10 ‘Radical’ new vision for Lancashire’s public sector
- 14:10 Global stocks near highs, dollar drifts after Fed see hike 'fairly...
- 14:10 Most popular Championship matches: Which teams attracted most TV...
- 14:09 Mercedes boss Toto Wolff: How Lewis Hamilton has reacted to the...
- 14:07 Massive tree smashes sheds and fences in Eyres Monsell
- 14:06 Burglar struggles with homeowner