UK broadband speed ad rules to be revamped
UK broadband companies are to be made to change the way they advertise their internet speeds.
The Advertising Standards Authority says current descriptions of speeds "up to" a certain amount are confusing and will be changed in 2017.
However, the UK watchdog has yet to decide how they will be replaced.
Digital Minister Matt Hancock said he was "delighted" by the move because the current adverts were "incredibly misleading".
The announcement comes just over a fortnight after internet providers were ordered to make other changes to their adverts, to make monthly... read more
- 09:59 Winter Olympics 2018: Ivanka Trump arrives for closing ceremony
- 09:59 Teenage thug smashed former teacher's face 'like crushed...
- 09:59 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:59 Car stolen in Blackpool while owner de-iced vehicle
- 09:58 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:58 Collecting the history of Sheffield society at museums store
- 09:58 Bound for what? Meet the three men trying to save Impact Wrestling
- 09:58 The best golf courses in Lancashire
- 09:58 Environment fears over Scottish independence rally on Ben Nevis
- 09:57 Far-right group terror suspect arrest in Lincoln
- 09:57 Camden stabbings: Murders linked as teenager arrested
- 09:57 The best golf courses in Lancashire
- 09:57 New scheme to help reduce plastic wate could be coming to Leamington
- 09:56 Gucci declares that the next hot trends are third eyes and holding...
- 09:56 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:56 Cleary's boxer Ansell on the right path
- 09:55 Arsene Wenger confident Mesut Ozil and Aaron Ramsey will be fit for...
- 09:55 I shouldn’t be criminalised for using cannabis to ease my constant...
- 09:54 Game of Thrones season 8 news: Shock development at Winterfell...
- 09:54 ‘Take a proper lunch break and leave on time today’, workers urged
- 09:54 Paul Pogba: William Gallas explains why Jose Mourinho REALLY...
- 09:54 McLaren F1 car: First pictures of striking new MCL33 with brand new...
- 09:54 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:53 Sumners edges out team-mate for hurdles gold
- 09:53 New scheme to help reduce plastic wate could be coming to Leamington
- 09:53 Crich Pre-school parents’ playground spat over ‘unauthorised’ shelter
- 09:52 Yorkshire weather: Snow warnings issued as Beast from the East...
- 09:52 VIDEO: Incredible footage shows what Sheffield was like in 1902
- 09:52 Police record hike in dog thefts in South Yorkshire
- 09:52 Sheffield MP backs move to overturn plans which could see 7,000...