UK broadband speed ad rules to be revamped
UK broadband companies are to be made to change the way they advertise their internet speeds.
The Advertising Standards Authority says current descriptions of speeds "up to" a certain amount are confusing and will be changed in 2017.
However, the UK watchdog has yet to decide how they will be replaced.
Digital Minister Matt Hancock said he was "delighted" by the move because the current adverts were "incredibly misleading".
The announcement comes just over a fortnight after internet providers were ordered to make other changes to their adverts, to make monthly... read more
- 16:57 These are the holiday destinations most likely to cause a break-up
- 16:57 Why you should make sure you ALWAYS take this item on a plane with you
- 16:57 Why the Royal Family will NEVER use these certain words
- 16:57 Elderly man found dead in public toilet
- 16:57 Chick this out!
- 16:57 Police appeal for witnesses to Hartlepool collision
- 16:57 Warwick Boat Club edge out Stratford in thrilling final
- 16:56 Tyson Fury posts emotional letter to his fans and family as he...
- 16:55 Revealed: These are the best loved brands in Britain
- 16:55 Michelle Obama: 'I won't run for office' for my children
- 16:55 Bullring fire: Room full of jewellery 'wrecked' after blaze at...
- 16:55 America's biggest orchards could soon use ROBOT fruit pickers, but...
- 16:55 Think YOU can tell the time? Take the test to see if a new...
- 16:54 ON THIS DAY: Severe weather alert of SNOW for Derbyshire
- 16:54 Man United set to table £17m bid for Jorge Mendes' client
- 16:54 New gym class consists of nothing but sleeping
- 16:54 Retired Notts maths teacher charged with sex crimes against...
- 16:54 Lola just weeks away therapy to improve life
- 16:54 Burka-wearing burglars target house in Leicester
- 16:53 Drivers warned to expect delays as holidaymakers take to the roads
- 16:53 56 interlinked chambers of colour and light in purpose built...
- 16:51 Concern for missing teenager Rio
- 16:51 Emmerdale death confirmed as actor reveals shock at ‘door being...
- 16:50 Terror suspect arrested in Westminster named as Khalid Mohamed Omar...
- 16:50 Nintendo Switch GAMES NEWS: Nintendo celebrates another INCREDIBLE...
- 16:50 Tottenham confirm they’ll play 2017/18 home games at Wembley Stadium
- 16:49 The gym class where nodding off is the new working out
- 16:49 Kenilworth teenager Abi stars in F1 in Schools victory
- 16:49 New gym class consists of nothing but sleeping
- 16:48 Meet Britain's oldest worker - and she's been with the same company...