UAE says Houthi attack on ship in shipping lane was act of terrorism
The United Arab Emirates said on Wednesday Yemeni Houthi forces had attacked a UAE civilian vessel in a strategic Red Sea shipping lane off the coast of Yemen at the weekend and called the incident an act of terrorism.
The UAE foreign ministry, in a statement carried by state news agency WAM, said the civilian ship was targeted by Houthi militia near the Bab al-Mandab strait off Yemen's southern coast on Saturday.
"The targeting of the civilian ship in an international channel has serious implications for freedom of navigation, and is an act of terror...," it said, without... read more
- 15:20 B&M is recruiting an official chicken nugget taster: here's how to...
- 15:20 Two groups of feuding Derby youths are dealing drugs and have...
- 15:20 Carillion: The company entrenched in public life
- 15:20 'Carillion crisis must teach Government a lesson'
- 15:20 What if Liverpool DO replace Philippe Coutinho in January?
- 15:20 Our Lady of Compassion Catholic Primary School
- 15:20 Lapworth CofE Primary School
- 15:20 FIFA 18 Team of the Year midfielders announced – De Bruyne, Kante...
- 15:20 Storm Fionn to blast North Wales bringing 80mph winds, snow and ice
- 15:19 Write a will and plan your funeral if you go to North Korea, warns US
- 15:19 Giant steak returns to Aldi - here's when you can get it
- 15:19 Who are the current Cabinet ministers and who also attends...
- 15:19 Finishing THIS giant chicken nugget Nugzilla could win you £500
- 15:19 Specsavers driver left red-faced after crashing car into lampost
- 15:19 Armed robbers wearing clown masks attack man in his own home in...
- 15:18 Helicopter rescue mission as woman disappears on beach ends when...
- 15:18 Alexis Sanchez: Man Utd want Arsenal transfer because of one failed...
- 15:18 Aubameyang to Arsenal: Why Dortmund star will be so much better...
- 15:17 Warwick Food Festival to expand
- 15:16 Couple's horror as they see man defecating in main street
- 15:16 Dundee extend A-Jay Leitch-Smith loan deal until the end of season
- 15:15 More snow, ice and blustery winds expected to hit Greater...
- 15:15 Some of the poorest Burnley children could lose free school meals
- 15:15 Former homeless woman is caught with drugs after police search
- 15:15 Log burner stolen from Whaplode property
- 15:13 Boots launches brand new vegan lunch options and they look...
- 15:13 #FindRosie: Can you help find this Fox Terrier who has been missing...
- 15:13 Vandals damage cemetery wall - which is being rebuilt to stop...
- 15:11 UK to be battered by THUNDERSNOW - here's what it means for Brits
- 15:11 Shock prison video shows inmate being brutally battered in his CELL