U.S. top court to hear Apple-Samsung feud over iPhone designs
After five years of litigation, the U.S. Supreme Court will hear arguments on Tuesday in the bitter patent dispute between the world's two top smartphone manufacturers over the amount Samsung (005930.KS) should pay Apple (AAPL.O) for copying the iPhone's distinctive look.
The justices' ruling, due by the end of June, could have a long-term impact for designers and product manufacturers going forward because the Supreme Court, if it agrees with Samsung, could limit the penalties for swiping a patented design.
Samsung Electronics Co Ltd paid Apple Inc $548.2 million (£441 million) last... read more
- 07:31 Step up security at bus depot OR I QUIT - cafe owner's frustration...
- 07:31 Sony expects 73.2 percent annual profit jump as it recovers from...
- 07:31 M&S to trial online grocery service
- 07:31 Profit-taking trips up Asian stocks, Korean won slips on Trump...
- 07:30 Emmerdale spoiler: When will Rhona Goskirk’s rape plot end? Boss...
- 07:30 Emmerdale spoiler: Boss reveals who exposes Emma Barton’s killer...
- 07:30 Emmerdale spoiler: Robert and Aaron for HOUR special as marriage...
- 07:30 Michael Sheen film shoot welcomes apprentices
- 07:30 Carol Kirkwood shows off sexy dance moves in hilarious BBC...
- 07:30 CCTV APPEAL: Man armed with knife robs Fulwood shop
- 07:29 Hospital ward to reopen to visitors following norovirus outbreak
- 07:29 Would-be firefighter offers help after Cumbrian warehouse fire
- 07:29 Rail passengers in Cumbria facing disruption because of strike
- 07:29 Phillip Schofield dons Joseph’s Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat one...
- 07:29 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and fun quizzes
- 07:28 Premier League boss plays down summer move for Chelsea star
- 07:27 Farm incomes slashed by almost 50% in one year
- 07:26 Microsoft Surface sales sink, shares dip
- 07:26 Sol Campbell identifies TWO defenders Arsenal should target...
- 07:26 Skiing on timetable for Ilkeston pupils
- 07:23 Olympus scandal: Former bosses to pay $529m over fraud
- 07:23 Barclays profits more than double
- 07:21 £3million fund to boost Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire’s rural economy
- 07:21 BUXTON SPRING FAIR 2017: What’s on when and where
- 07:21 Middlesbrough ace Adam Forshaw: This is why we are playing with...
- 07:21 Liverpool Transfer News: £10m ace wanted, Bayern Munich battle,...
- 07:21 Female Islamic clerics in Indonesia issue rare child marriage fatwa
- 07:21 Breaking news, travel and weather updates around Notts on Friday,...
- 07:20 Teacher ‘shot by two pupils in school corridor’
- 07:20 Hull LIVE! Rail strike hits commuters