U.S. strike in Afghanistan kills 18, most militants but possibly civilians too
A suspected U.S. drone strike against Islamic State in Afghanistan killed 18 people on Wednesday, most of them militants but possibly including some civilians, Afghan officials said.
Civilians casualties in U.S. air strikes against Taliban and other militants in Afghanistan have long been a source of friction between the allies who have been fighting since 2001 to end militant opposition to the government in Kabul.
The strike in Nangarhar province, on the eastern border with Pakistan, killed 18 people, 15 of them militants and three civilians, said Mohammed Ali, police chief of Achin... read more
- 09:58 Ripple price LIVE: XRP soars by 50% as token recovers $25 BILLION...
- 09:58 Pound v US dollar: GBP exchange rate steady in wake of central bank...
- 09:57 EXCLUSIVE: More than 1000 reported crimes including child rape and...
- 09:56 £45m compensation bill for Morecambe Bay’s health trust
- 09:56 CHINA WARNING: Japan and Australia unite over looming Chinese...
- 09:56 VIDEO: Former Alcan Pechiney site plans take step forward
- 09:55 Grieving son desperate for job to help him stay in family home...
- 09:55 Bitcoin price slumps to new low as analysts say the bubble is...
- 09:55 Borussia Dortmund striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang's £60m move to...
- 09:55 Conor McGregor fights UFC boss Dana White as himself on Xbox… and...
- 09:55 Emporium near Sywell closed due to storm damage
- 09:54 Motorists urged to take care as wind brings trees down onto roads
- 09:54 Attempted Stamford garage burglary
- 09:54 Village targeted by burglars
- 09:53 Olympic dream: Nelson taekwondo superstar aiming for Tokyo 2020
- 09:53 Dragons' Den event bids to boost reading age
- 09:51 Carillion workforce deserves assurance on status of their jobs
- 09:50 Lancaster dog lovers to help good cause
- 09:50 Morecambe fashion show in aid of CancerCare
- 09:50 Factory explosion closed a main road into Calderdale
- 09:50 David and Victoria Beckham show us what 18 years of marriage looks...
- 09:49 For the grand price of £145, you can wear a Balenciaga scrunchie on...
- 09:47 Labour MP calls for windfall tax on PFI companies - Politics live
- 09:47 WARNING: Why Britons should check their blood health this January
- 09:46 Doncaster GPs and consultants agree it’s good to talk
- 09:46 Rise in number of obese Wigan schoolchildren
- 09:45 Raptors of the canine world
- 09:45 Latest court reports from Kirklees Magistrates
- 09:45 Six Nations 2018: England rugby name EIGHT uncapped players in...
- 09:45 L’Oréal makes beauty history by casting a hijab-wearing model in a...