U.S. stocks firm after debate but oil a drag
U.S. stock prices rose on Tuesday following the presidential debate between Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump, but losses in the oil market and anxiety about the fortune of Deutsche Bank limited Wall Street's advance.
Oil prices gave back some of Monday's gains on fizzling hopes of an agreement among major producers to freeze output in a bid to deal with the current global oversupply.
A stronger dollar in the aftermath of the first Clinton-Trump debate helped send gold prices lower.
U.S. and German government bond yields fell on safe-haven demand amid worries about Deutsche Bank and weaker... read more
- 15:15 Man Utd legend Sir Alex Ferguson reveals why he’s delighted at...
- 15:14 What does 420 friendly mean?
- 15:14 Top of the Shops with Tom Kerridge - A flop from top to bottom
- 15:14 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:14 Alien spaceships, grunting pigs and revving Ford Cortinas among...
- 15:14 Festival fans urged to snap up tickets to National Forest's Timber...
- 15:13 Community fights against plan for quarry expansion
- 15:13 Send us your football team photos
- 15:13 Trinity star’s grandson Luke is born to run
- 15:13 Teenager turns bird detective
- 15:13 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:13 Staff, management and volunteers pitch in to turn Burnley green
- 15:12 Roadworks Round-up: The works which may cause you hold-ups in the...
- 15:12 Magpie Recipe: Hake with Spanish beans, for two
- 15:12 Bury families in poverty are to get help
- 15:12 Headteachers from Bury highlight school funding crisis
- 15:11 Historic Burnley building to be transformed through ambitious project
- 15:11 Is your business stuck in a mobile not-spot?
- 15:10 France's ex-PM Manuel Valls could stand for mayor of Barcelona
- 15:10 Sir Alex Ferguson pays touching tribute to Arsene Wenger after...
- 15:10 PNE in Numbers: North End have become Championship’s comeback kings
- 15:09 Have you seen this missing Kettering man?
- 15:08 Ill passenger causes delays on trains
- 15:08 Multi-million pound scheme to get Nuneaton jobless back to work
- 15:08 Got a rat, cockroach or other pest problem in Mansfield? Phone...
- 15:08 Tony Pulis demands Middlesbrough see the job through
- 15:08 Mobile speed camera locations in Calderdale
- 15:08 Halifax MP anger over last bank closure in Sowerby Bridge
- 15:07 Canadian chocolatier Shyte goes viral for hilarious name
- 15:07 We perform BETTER when we have an audience despite being more...