U.S., Japan, South Korea consider more steps against North Korea - U.S.
The United States, Japan and South Korea have been working to cut off North Korean revenue streams from coal and overseas workers and are considering further joint action after Pyongyang's latest nuclear test, a senior U.S. official said on Tuesday.
Daniel Russel, the U.S. assistant secretary of state for East Asia, said the three countries had been making progress in key areas, including disrupting North Korea's arms trade and de-flagging North Korean ships.
"We're focusing our efforts on cutting off sources of revenue for the regime's unlawful nuclear and ballistic weapons programs,... read more
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer
- 11:32 Consultations to be held over closure of Wainfleet surgery
- 11:32 Police to contact MP Michelle Thomson over rape ordeal at 14
- 11:31 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:31 Coming together to share happy memories at Harrogate’s Light up a...
- 11:31 Louth man, 63, admits stealing cash from Jacksons Butchers
- 11:30 Greg Cunningham: exclusive PNE column
- 11:29 When Santa got stuck in the mineshaft
- 11:29 Tamworth ABC's Ryan Hatton is crowned national champion for the...
- 11:29 China: Xi calls for stricter ideological control of universities
- 11:29 MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE: Police and firefighters film video to...
- 11:29 Traffic alert: Long delays after crash on M62
- 11:28 Police cordon in place after man is stabbed near his Derbyshire home
- 11:29 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:28 Teenager arrested at Burton railway station and charged with...
- 11:28 Non-league football club's results expunged after resigning from...
- 11:28 Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara frustrate England's bowlers on...
- 11:28 Should drivers give way to cyclists when turning left?
- 11:28 Man injured after hit-and-run in Louth
- 11:28 Holidays are coming ... and so are your South Yorkshire Coca Cola...
- 11:27 West Brom have become an improved attacking force under Tony Pulis...
- 11:27 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 11:27 SCAM ALERT: Do not click on this email
- 11:27 EU launches new investigation into Chinese steel imports
- 11:27 FTSE gains, on track for best week since July
- 11:26 Kirkham makes Labour switch
- 11:25 MANNEQUIN CHALLENGE: Police and firefighters film video to...
- 11:24 FESTIVE BONANZA DAY 12: Win a fantastic touchscreen laptop worth £150
- 11:24 Strictly: Len Goodman 'doesn't know' who many contestants are
- 11:24 Nine things NOT to do at your work Christmas party