U.S. government condemns new Israeli plan on settlements
The United States sharply criticized Israel on Wednesday over plans to build a new Jewish settlement in the West Bank that it said would damage prospects for peace with the Palestinians and contradicted assurances made to Washington.
The White House and State Department "strongly condemned" Israel's decision to advance a plan that they said would create a new settlement "deep in the West Bank" and undermine a two-state solution.
In unusually harsh words for its Middle Eastern ally, Washington also accused Israel of going back on its word.
"We did receive public... read more
- 13:10 Ex-West Brom youth trains with Wolves to boost Lambs hopes
- 13:10 Anthony Joshua surprises children in Christmas visit to NSPCC centre
- 13:10 Popular chip shop forced to close after food poisoning allegations
- 13:09 Four Seasons Health Care gains breathing space
- 13:09 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:08 Almost 300 missed appointments at Millom surgery
- 13:08 Millom museum to close for month-long refurbishment
- 13:08 Barrow man admits lying to police after hit-and-run
- 13:08 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:07 Sir Cliff Richard warned financial affairs may be revealed during...
- 13:07 Final Fantasy 7 Remake UPDATE - Another blow for FF7 fans hoping...
- 13:06 REVIEW: Aladdin Preston Charter Theatre
- 13:06 Wakefield coroners seek information on family of Castleford man
- 13:06 Wakefield Christmas hamper appeal is a success
- 13:05 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:05 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Human League singer BANNED from airport lounge for wearing the...
- 13:04 The Week in the Life column with Keith Tordoff
- 13:04 Hollywood awards choose all-female presenters
- 13:04 Dundee United’s Scott Fraser gets player of the month award
- 13:04 Manchester United player Luke Shaw sends message to fans after...
- 13:03 Alice Ruggles' friends plan perfect tribute to Gateshead murder victim
- 13:03 Up to 1,200 homes planned for next phase of Newcastle's Great Park...
- 13:02 Parents warned after stranger attempted to get schoolgirl into car...
- 13:02 ICE ALERT: Met Office warns of potential for travel disruption
- 13:02 Derbyshire motorists need to be more alert on the roads
- 13:02 Christmas benefits 2017 to be paid EARLY - these are the dates you...
- 13:02 JAILED: 18 weeks for Heanor car thief
- 13:02 Updates as tractor sheds its load and blocks major roundabout
- 13:02 Wakefield coroners seek information on family of Castleford man