U.S. further eases Cuba trade and travel restrictions
The United States on Friday announced new measures to further ease trade, travel and financial restrictions on Cuba as President Barack Obama seeks to make his opening to the communist-ruled island irreversible before he leaves office in January.
The changes, the latest in a series of new rules since the two former Cold War foes began normalizing relations in December 2014, will allow export to Cuba of some U.S. consumer goods sold online and let U.S. firms improve Cuban infrastructure for humanitarian purposes, the U.S. Treasury and Commerce Departments said in a statement.
They also lift... read more
- 07:49 Astronomers discover a giant world – but is it a planet?
- 07:48 The GPs offering a lifeline to homeless patients
- 07:46 Carlisle-born footballer Grant Holt switches to professional wrestling
- 07:45 Kona aims to be king compact
- 07:44 Lauryn Hill marks 20 years of Miseducation album with arena tour
- 07:44 Unai Emery to Arsenal: New manager will be under INTENSE pressure...
- 07:43 Bury North MP James Frith opens Old Hall Primary School's new annex
- 07:43 Ferrari driver involved in supercar smash in Sheffield tracked down...
- 07:42 Rail groups coupling together to revive electrification proposals
- 07:39 Toni Kroos FEARS Jurgen Klopp and Liverpool due to his time at...
- 07:39 Liverpool News: Lyon offer major Fekir update, Kroos claim,...
- 07:39 Philippe Coutinho makes Barcelona ace Lionel Messi submit transfer...
- 07:36 Part of M6 in Cumbria shut due to lorry fire overnight
- 07:33 Chelsea transfer news: Next Blues boss told to build team around...
- 07:31 ‘Prolific’ car thief banned from entering three areas of Sunderland
- 07:31 Boris Johnson wants a private plane for Brexit business ‘because...
- 07:31 Last ditch attempt to save Calderdale school building
- 07:26 Flowers from the Farm win gold at Chelsea Flower Show debut
- 07:26 Texting mistakes you don’t know you’re making
- 07:21 Donald Trump may extend UK visit to play golf in Scotland
- 07:20 Train strikes confirmed for Northern rail services
- 07:16 M&S profits slump on store closure costs
- 07:15 Ulverston driver due to appear in court accused of failing to stop...
- 07:15 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:15 Chance to win VIP tickets for The Mail Picnic Day at Cartmel...
- 07:15 Cheers: Friends and family pay tribute to former Barrow landlord
- 07:15 Selfless volunteers praised for combined 30 year commitment to...
- 07:15 Barrow man to face criminal damage charge
- 07:13 How therapy dog Ted is helping mental health patients across Cumbria
- 07:13 Outdoor company Patagonia backs bid to restore Lake District route...