U.S. condemns S. Sudan opposition leader's call for renewed war
The U.S. State Department on Wednesday strongly condemned comments by South Sudan's opposition leader calling for a return to war against the government, saying it was "inexcusable" and showed a lack of concern for the well-being of the people.
Riek Machar, the country's former first vice president, and his allies ordered their forces to reorganize for "armed resistance" to the South Sudan government after talks over the weekend in Khartoum.
State Department spokesman John Kirby said Washington had seen Machar's statements and "strongly condemned" them, saying... read more
- 09:58 Garstang school’s dance-a-thon to raise cash to fight child cruelty
- 09:57 Grenfell Tower fire: Estate residents call for thorough inquiry
- 09:57 Sturgeon to make statement on indyref2
- 09:56 Calls for cigarette-style warnings on sugary food to tackle...
- 09:56 Huge explosion and flames in area popular with Somali pirates
- 09:56 Unstable EU on the brink as inequality threatens to tear bloc...
- 09:56 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:56 Where and when was the first ATM, what does it stand for and who...
- 09:56 Garstang school’s dance-a-thon to raise cash to fight child cruelty
- 09:55 Firefighters tackle north east Derbyshire house blaze
- 09:55 Melton has fifth highest first test pass rate for learner drivers...
- 09:55 Doncaster Big Brother star faces boot again as ALL contestants put...
- 09:55 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:54 Haverthwaite-based firm's MD to be made MBE
- 09:53 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:53 Executives urged to tap into the power of mindfulness
- 09:53 Arsenal face Besiktas competition for transfer of Barcelona’s...
- 09:52 Warwick Rotary Club’s Thai Festival to return for 13th year
- 09:52 Shoppers warned over Tesco voucher Facebook page tricking thousands...
- 09:52 FTSE stalls, Carpetright and Debenhams put UK consumer in spotlight
- 09:51 POUND LIVE: Pound pauses after DUP deal ahead of Queen's Speech vote
- 09:51 ‘Hole in the wall’ proving cash is still king on 50th birthday
- 09:50 COMMENT: 900m reasons why we must stick with devolution in...
- 09:50 Return in sight for PNE’s Woods after full season out
- 09:50 Resurgent interest in Victoria Quays
- 09:50 England coaches are good enough – Simpson
- 09:50 Manchester United set to complete Ethan Galbraith signing this weekend
- 09:50 Hull given £15m by Heritage Lottery to secure its future in tourism
- 09:49 Charlotte Church reveals she has lost her unborn baby
- 09:49 Future of key buildings in Wellingborough to be discussed by...