U.S. announces $400 million more in humanitarian aid for Syrians
The U.S. State Department said on Tuesday it was providing nearly $400 million (307.34 million pounds) in additional humanitarian funding to help Syrians caught up in the country's civil war, bring total U.S. humanitarian spending for Syria to about $5.9 billion.
Assistant Secretary of State for Population, Refugees and Migration Anne Richard said the United States has now admitted about 12,500 Syrian refugees in the past year, exceeding the administration's goal of 10,000.
(Reporting by Arshad Mohammed; Writing by David Alexander; Editing by Eric Walsh)
- 04:24 'I put toast and cake back on the hospital menu'
- 04:23 North Korea maintains readiness for nuclear test at any time -...
- 04:21 Taiwan top court hears landmark gay marriage case
- 04:14 Chelsea join Man United and Barcelona in £26m winger battle
- 04:13 BOJ's Kuroda says there's no reason to withdraw monetary stimulus now
- 04:11 Man United deal ruined Real Madrid transfer plan: Chelsea could...
- 03:55 China accepts more Australian beef exporters as leaders meet
- 03:49 Liverpool firm up interest in Premier League star: Club will demand...
- 03:33 Angela Merkel 'confident' NO MORE countries will ditch the European...
- 03:31 Washington talks end without agreement on Israeli settlements
- 03:29 Judges to give ruling on woman's battle to divorce husband
- 03:29 Dame Hyacinth speaking...stage and screen stars up for honours
- 03:29 Police inspector found with £700,000 of drugs at home facing...
- 03:29 Marine who won Taliban murder conviction appeal to be sentenced
- 03:17 Nikkei rises as yen strength wanes but still poised for weekly loss
- 03:11 Sydney teenager pleads guilty to Anzac Day terror plot
- 03:04 China central bank to strengthen management of mortgage loan risks...
- 03:00 Poor behaviour 'not taken seriously enough in schools'
- 02:52 All-male White House health bill photo sparks anger
- 02:47 Nations urge Venezuela on elections, warn of diplomatic 'last resort'
- 02:28 Toshiba banks push for quick Westinghouse bankruptcy filing - Nikkei
- 02:28 Trump preparing orders to review trade deals, procurement - officials
- 02:26 YouTube's bid to grab TV dollars imperiled by advertiser revolt
- 02:24 Dollar, stocks edge up as US healthcare vote back on
- 02:24 Venezuela to withdraw troops after Colombia border crossing
- 02:24 China is not militarising South China Sea, Premier Li says
- 02:20 Wakefield 28-24 Leigh: Trinity climb back into top eight of Super...
- 02:20 Kiss and confirm! Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus finally take their...
- 02:20 What's your secret, Sia? See singer's INCREDIBLE transformation in...
- 02:20 Love Island's Cara De La Hoyde turns her attention to her best...