Tyson Fury set to give up WBA and WBO world heavyweight titles after cocaine abuse admission
Tyson Fury is ready to hand back his WBA Super and WBO heavyweight titles, ending his reign as world champion.
Both governing bodies are preparing to strip Fury of the belts because he has not fought since claiming them from Wladimir Klitschko 11 months ago.
The unbeaten Fury, who is unable to fight because he is battling depression, will pre-empt the WBA and WBO by relinquishing the belts.
It is understood he will be made a champion in recess, which will put him in pole position to challenge for the titles when he eventually returns to the ring.
Click to play Tap to play The Live Event you... read more
- 09:58 Chorley couple celebrates 60 years of marriage - and welcomes five...
- 09:57 Sisters undergoing chemotherapy 11,000 miles apart launch ‘Feel the...
- 09:57 Significant increase in arsons across Leicestershire last year
- 09:57 Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho sent Paul Pogba warning in worrying...
- 09:56 Search for family after Brighouse man, 65, dies
- 09:56 Windrush: Alan Johnson says landing cards decision was made in 2009
- 09:55 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:55 Scottish sports stars should 'safeguard lucrative deals'
- 09:55 In pictures: How Leeds made the most of the mini heatwave
- 09:55 Search for family after Brighouse man, 65, dies
- 09:54 Parking action plan developed for Berwick
- 09:54 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:54 The Queen wants Prince Charles to take over as Commonwealth head
- 09:54 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:53 Egyptian Premier League moves fixtures so nation can watch Mohamed...
- 09:53 House extension destroyed in blaze
- 09:53 Investigation to begin today into cause of Peckleton explosion
- 09:53 Chris Coleman still in the dark but desperate to be big part of...
- 09:51 PREMIER LEAGUE & FA CUP PREVIEW: Heavyweight tie as Man Utd face...
- 09:51 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 09:50 Closure of Denstone Stores prompts concern older villagers could...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle digger blaze in South Cumbria
- 09:49 Mum who gave birth at Northampton General Hospital names baby after...
- 09:49 Firefighters tackle house fire on the Fairmead Estate in Melton
- 09:48 Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable, poll finds
- 09:48 ‘The Sagas of Noggin the Nog’ comes to Great Carlton
- 09:48 Update: Collision involving ‘bus and tractor’ on the A16 at Grainsby
- 09:46 Fast and furious: Half of drivers think speeding is acceptable,...
- 09:45 Knife crime rises in Northumbria
- 09:44 New spring food festival arrives in Banbury this weekend