Tyson Fury’s boxing licence suspended hours after vacating world titles
Tyson Fury has had his boxing licence suspended hours after vacating his world titles.
Morecambe’s heavyweight champion announced late on Wednesday evening that he was giving up his WBO and WBA belts to focus on his medical treatment and recovery.
On Thursday morning the British Boxing Board of Control then confirmed that Fury’s licence had been “suspended pending further investigation into anti-doping and medical issues”.
Fury recently withdrew from a rematch with Wladimir Klitschko for the second time after being declared “medically unfit” and courted more controversy a fortnight ago... read more
- 13:35 APPEAL: Man hit with crutch in Morecambe robbery
- 13:35 Lancaster sleep out to help homeless
- 13:35 More Children in Need photos
- 13:30 Preston cannot keep pace with Cheshire set
- 13:30 Hoppers hoping to ‘escape’ to victory
- 13:35 Diabetes diet cure REVEALED: Snacking could REDUCE severity of...
- 13:30 Preston North End 0-0 Bolton - Five things we learned
- 13:30 Brig’s late show is not enough
- 13:30 Chorley denied right at the death
- 13:30 Semi-final exit for Laura in Hong Kong
- 13:30 Lancashire Post PNE fans’ panel verdicts
- 13:30 Gally’s glad be back in action for PNE
- 13:30 Sean Gregan’s exclusive PNE column
- 13:30 Centre-forward role will be Mavididi’s long-term future says PNE boss
- 13:30 Gossip: Van man on the move?
- 13:35 Mansfield woman found drunk in car after uncovering boyfriend’s lie
- 13:30 LIVE: Preston North End news - Monday's updates from Deepdale
- 13:29 UCLAN GRADUATES 2017: School of Forensic and Applied Sciences
- 13:29 ‘Good’ rating for Morecambe beaches
- 13:29 Earth-sized planet discovered with 'mild' climate and peaceful...
- 13:29 Lancaster businessman wins two Pride in the Job awards
- 13:29 Driving examiners to stage 48-hour strike on day new test is launched
- 13:34 Under-fire Walsall boss insists: 'I am going to keep doing the job...
- 13:29 Work set to start on £17.5m Penwortham Bypass
- 13:34 CCTV clip: Men jailed for Chapeltown Road attack outside Leeds...
- 13:29 Calls for Chorley Council to reinstate town’s Flat Iron car park
- 13:34 "Big hug for Tony Pulis" - Pep Guardiola's verdict on West Brom's...
- 13:29 Preston bucks the trend as more stores open than close
- 13:34 The case for Michael O'Neill as next West Brom manager
- 13:29 COLUMN: Why are we all so horrid?