Tyson Fury fails second drugs test to leave boxing career on the ropes
It was revealed last week that the WBO and WBA heavyweight had champion tested positive for benzoylecgonine – a marker for cocaine – in a urine sample he provided on September 22.
But now it has emerged he also failed a test the day before for cocaine as well.
The second failed test is unlikely to have any impact on his case with the British Boxing Board of Control, who could cancel his licence, or the WBO and WBA who are set to strip him of his belts.
Wladimir Klitschko accused Fury of bringing boxing into disrepute for his habits and cancelling their world title bout twice.
“Fury is... read more
- 15:48 Man was so high on drugs he could hardly remember his destructive...
- 15:47 Parks across Harrogate district up for national award
- 15:47 Church celebrates 50th anniversary
- 15:47 Northamptonshire gets share of 1,000 new 'nursing associates' being...
- 15:47 World stage for Spalding human rights defender’s cause
- 15:47 Councillor supports theatre group
- 15:46 Sunderland World War Two evacuee gives children a lesson in wartime...
- 15:46 Scream if you want to go faster... it’s the St Crispin Street Fair
- 15:46 Pontoon plan to revive Stirling’s harbour link to the Forth
- 15:46 Diego Costa vs Zlatan Ibrahimovic: Battle of the Premier...
- 15:45 Chelsea Team News: Antonio Conte to make late call over star duo...
- 15:45 Diana's stepmother Raine Spencer dies aged 87
- 15:44 Rangers and Celtic fans clash over semi final but agree on one...
- 15:44 Manchester United winger Lingard reveals area he can improve
- 15:43 Revealed: Which area of South Tyneside is the borough's fast food...
- 15:43 Man dies from injuries sustained in car crash at Corby Glen
- 15:43 Teaching assistants vote to strike
- 15:42 Nissan set to decide whether Sunderland plant will build new Qashqai
- 15:42 Man who raped his daughter jailed for just 60 days
- 15:42 Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola insists 'it will be Sergio...
- 15:42 Annual prizegivings at Spalding High School
- 15:41 Services restored after cyber attack hits websites including...
- 15:41 Chester students revel in fun Grosvenor Shopping Centre event
- 15:41 Papal summer residence, shunned by Francis, opened to public
- 15:41 Credit Suisse reaches 109.5 million euro settlement in Italy
- 15:40 GKN offloads German division in £177m deal
- 15:39 Missing Notts girl, 14, may be in Derbyshire
- 15:39 Man dies from injuries sustained in car crash at Corby Glen
- 15:39 Cheese producer linked to E.coli outbreak told stock withdrawn in...
- 15:38 LIVE: Man who was 'unaccounted for' found safe and well as four...