Tyson Fury announces retirement from boxing in expletive-filled tweet
Tyson Fury says he has retired from boxing and has called the sport the saddest thing he has ever taken part in.
The 28-year-old took to his Twitter page to announce the news, whilst also declaring himself as 'the greatest'.
He tweeted: “Boxing is the saddest thing I ever took part in, all a pile of s***, I’m the greatest, & I’m also retired, so go s*** a d***, happy days.
It has been a rollercoaster week for the 28-year-old, beginning when he pulled out of his world heavyweight title rematch with Wladimir Klitschko after he was deemed ‘medically unfit’ to compete.
Fury then reportedly... read more
- 12:54 Which Premier League team has scored the most late goals this season?
- 12:54 Watch the ‘punch’ that could land this Premier League player a...
- 12:54 Guillem Balague provides major Antoine Griezmann update: Man United...
- 12:54 The Big Bang Theory’s Jim Parsons has some advice for the Sheldon...
- 12:54 Chelsea trio visit Hull star Ryan Mason in hospital after he...
- 12:54 Derby expert says 'hard Brexit' will mean more firms going bust
- 12:53 Futures fall on Trump's protectionist address
- 12:53 Market Rasen and Louth RFC whitewash Old Scouts
- 12:53 Rape ruling footballer David Robertson retires from the sport
- 12:52 Boozed-up man is ordered to pay £613 after abusing police officer
- 12:52 Pound eyes $1.25 as traders bet British government to lose Brexit case
- 12:51 Did you see schoolboy, 14, being hit in the face in Stafford?
- 12:51 Rafael Nadal battles past Gael Monfils to set up Australian Open...
- 12:51 Crash on Bay Gateway junction
- 12:50 Pound hits one-month HIGH against dollar investors 'lose patience'...
- 12:50 How happy are people in your part of Derbyshire?
- 12:50 Shkodran Mustafi: Why I knew Arsenal would score a late winner...
- 12:49 See how many people were caught driving and using a mobile phone in...
- 12:49 Oak helps HAPPA celebrate 80th anniversary
- 12:49 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:49 GOTCHA: Russia obliterates ISIS targets in Syria as second massive...
- 12:48 Lancashire Police crackdown on mobile phone use behind the wheel
- 12:48 Lloyds cyber-attack details emerge
- 12:48 Body in the canal may be from Burnley
- 12:48 Blood donor who is scared of needles encourages people to save lives
- 12:48 Stuck for somewhere to park in Lincoln? A 200-space park and ride...
- 12:48 Rafael Nadal sets up quarter-final clash with Milos Raonic
- 12:47 Can I date a guy shorter than me? Of course! Here’s why it’s the best
- 12:47 Most German companies expect little to no impact from Brexit - poll
- 12:47 Gritters head out in Derbyshire with freezing temperatures expected...