Typhoon Megi: Search for missing after China landslide
At least 26 people are missing in China's eastern Zhejiang province after heavy rains triggered a landslide which engulfed parts of a village.
The landslide destroyed several houses in Sucun in Suichang county, said state media.
Rescuers managed to pull 15 people out, and are digging through the debris for survivors.
A video posted on Twitter by the Xinhua state news agency showed a mass of debris sliding down the mountain.
The rains were caused by Typhoon Megi, which has already killed one person in mainland China and four in Taiwan.
Hundreds of people have also been injured by the storm,... read more
- 17:54 Fylde coast pair on county top team
- 17:53 Are you unknowingly breaking the law on the road?
- 17:53 Leamington sees increase of rough sleepers
- 17:53 Increased police presence across Warwickshire over the weekend
- 17:53 Marco Silva to Watford: Former Hull boss in advanced talks to...
- 17:52 School of 15-year-old Manchester bombing victim will open during...
- 17:52 Why armed police will patrol Merseyrail trains this weekend
- 17:49 Girl battered with hammer by vile mum for stealing food says she...
- 17:48 Harry Redknapp jokes Benoit Assou-Ekotto may not sign for...
- 17:47 Troops sent to Hartlepool nuclear power station as police step up...
- 17:46 Mother-of-nine took her life after having benefits cut
- 17:46 11-year-old accuses her teacher of a war crime in teacher evaluation
- 17:46 Stepping back in time at Warwick Station
- 17:45 Coronation Street spoilers: Boss Kate Oates reveals huge twist...
- 17:44 Burton Albion daily digest: Nigel Clough linked with Sunderland,...
- 17:43 Find My Seat: Use our interactive guide to the big General Election...
- 17:43 Too hot to sleep? The best tips for getting to sleep in a heatwave
- 17:43 EastEnders spoiler: Ted Murray star drops MAJOR spoiler ahead of...
- 17:42 Oil, banks trip up European shares
- 17:42 Allies of Brazil's Temer prepare for 'the day after'
- 17:40 Shoppers queue around the block to get their hands on Co-operative...
- 17:40 Russia's new submarine has enormous 'wings' to scan the oceans and...
- 17:39 Space Tower set to come crashing back to earth
- 17:39 Hottest day of the year sees North East sunseekers flock to hotspots
- 17:39 Back pain? This vitamin could be natural way to relieve it
- 17:39 Heartburn symptoms? GP explains why your reflux could get worse...
- 17:38 Consultation launched on plans to merge Chilwell schools
- 17:38 Extra armed police sent to Nottinghamshire as a terror 'deterrent'
- 17:38 Leicester man describes being at the Ariana Grande concert at...
- 17:38 Watch video gallery as scouts celebrate Christmas seven months early