Tyne challenge is just SOFAB
A neonatal nurse and a mum whose child was born prematurely will be flying down a zip wire off the Tyne Bridge to help a charity close to her heart.
Mum-of-one Catherine Osborne will be raising funds for SOFAB (Supporters of Families and Babies), a Yorkshire charity that raises funds to improve family-centred care in local neonatal units, including Dewsbury. She will be joined by her friend - and charity trustee - Louise Peever on Sunday, October 16.
Mrs Osborne said: “There are only five of us who all work and fundraise for SOFAB in our spare time. Fun Days, parties and cake sales take a... read more
- 08:36 Dele Alli: Tottenham beating Chelsea was the best moment of the season
- 08:36 Lionel Messi: Did you see what Barcelona superstar did to wind up...
- 08:35 How to get two hours FREE parking in string of town centres
- 08:35 Transfer rumour: West Brom interested in Tottenham defender this...
- 08:34 Arsenal starting XI if only locals could play: This line-up is...
- 08:34 General Election 2017: Energy bill cap 'will hit consumers'
- 08:34 A19 at a standstill after seven vehicle crash
- 08:34 Rugby League LIVE - Hull FC stars set to be named in England squad,...
- 08:34 South Korea presidential candidate Ahn seeks to restart six-party...
- 08:33 No-one is safe from cyber criminals warns leading security expert
- 08:33 Fire crews called to fire at derelict building in Warwick
- 08:32 Sergio Ramos and Gerard Pique in dressing room incident after...
- 08:32 Kylian Mbappe will be playing for this club next season - Monaco chief
- 08:32 Transfer News: £120m Chelsea spree, Alexis Sanchez claim, La Liga...
- 08:32 Lionel Messi scores 500th Barcelona goal as Real Madrid beaten in...
- 08:31 Watch world-famous Flying Scotsman celebrate past, present and...
- 08:31 A19 at a standstill after seven vehicle crash
- 08:31 Decision day for Birchwood Leisure Centre £1m revamp
- 08:30 No-one is safe from cyber criminals warns leading security expert
- 08:30 Calderdale students are shown the horrors of the Holocaust
- 08:30 Missing girl, 12, found
- 08:30 Emerging markets could help lift German engineering this year
- 08:30 Missing Halifax girl found safe and well
- 08:28 Nine people ordered out of Notts town centre by police
- 08:28 Drink-driver filmed driving down M6 with just THREE wheels and...
- 08:27 Slaven Bilic believes he found perfect formula to stop Romelu Lukaku
- 08:27 Surfleet Neighbourhood Plan vision gets people’s vote
- 08:27 Watch world-famous Flying Scotsman celebrate past, present and...
- 08:27 YOUR VIEW: Complaint against MP was unfounded
- 08:26 Benefits cheat Chelsey Harwood continues to troll taxpayer after...