Two Pakistani soldiers killed in exchange of fire with India in disputed Kashmir
Two Pakistani soldiers were killed in an exchange of fire with Indian forces across the de facto border in the disputed region of Kashmir on Thursday, the Pakistani army said, as tensions between the nuclear-armed neighbours remain high.
The exchange of fire took place in the Bhimber, Hot Spring, Kel and Lipa sectors, and lasted about six hours early on Thursday, the Pakistani military's press wing said in a statement.
An Indian army spokesman confirmed that there had been shelling from the Pakistani side of the de facto border into the Poonch district of Indian-administered Kashmir.
Both... read more
- 17:01 Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu finally completes AC Milan loan move...
- 17:01 Is this the clue Antoine Griezmann will join Manchester United?
- 17:01 Former PSG chief reveals Zlatan Ibrahimoivc transfer came after...
- 17:00 Man suffers head injuries in Filey incident
- 17:00 Picture of stunning swoop wins national photography prize
- 17:00 Llandudno's Johnny Dough's forced to remove sign by conservation...
- 17:00 Paul Groom murder detectives release CCTV bus passenger images
- 17:00 Gorden Kaye, ‘Allo ‘Allo! actor, dies aged 75
- 17:00 Calderdale offers safe and secure home to Syrian refugees
- 16:59 Business boost for growth corridor
- 16:58 S&P 500 AND NASDAQ NOW DOWN ABOUT 0.6 PCT
- 16:58 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers expects more transfer business during...
- 16:57 Raver caught with £4,500 worth of ecstasy down his pants at illegal...
- 16:57 The bizarre 'bubble bowl' chair for CATS: £30 invention lets your...
- 16:57 Who is Sean Spicer? What you need to know about the new White House...
- 16:57 Trident 'misfire' farce as Theresa May's Defence Secretary refuses...
- 16:56 British Steel beefs up distribution teams as construction sector...
- 16:55 Nottingham burger restaurant offers all-you-can-eat deal every...
- 16:54 John Joyce re-elected as Addleshaw Goddard’s managing partner
- 16:54 All eight Lincolnshire councils could be abolished saving £150m
- 16:54 Rasen man jailed after knife attack in town centre
- 16:52 Stacey Solomon confesses her sexual fantasies and says she hopes...
- 16:52 'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye dies aged 75
- 16:48 Four in 10 junior doctors have fallen asleep at wheel
- 16:48 Family of drug dealer ordered to hand over FOUR houses
- 16:48 Extra trains running for Leicester City's FA Cup game at Derby County
- 16:48 Anderson Silva offers advice to Ronda Rousey following UFC 207 loss
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...