Two not out for Heaton businesswomen who prove they have success all sewn up
These businesswomen have success sewn up.
Jo Brossman and Anna Clough shoved austerity to one side to celebrate the two-year anniversary of SEW, their clothing alteration and creation shop on in Heaton, Newcastle.
The two entrepreneurs met in 2009 at Cleveland College of Art and Design, part of Teesside University, where they studied entertainment design crafts.
Assisted by Social Enterprise Sunderland, and having received funding from business enterprise agency Entrust, the women opened to the public in October 2014 and haven’t looked back.
Jo, 52, originally from East Germany, said: “We... read more
- 13:39 ‘Rich kid’ who swapped life with ‘skint’ family for TV show...
- 13:38 Sunderland’s Liebherr plant reveals how it’s preparing for Brexit
- 13:37 Child mauled in dog attack in Nuneaton
- 13:36 Where are you on the UK fat scale?
- 13:35 Hundreds of assaults on West Midlands Ambulance staff last year
- 13:35 New development in tragic Alfie Evans case after life support...
- 13:35 Music review: The Streets, O2 Academy, Glasgow
- 13:35 Everton v Lyon: Three charged over Goodison disturbance
- 13:35 Another High Court hearing on Alfie Evans set for TODAY as sick...
- 13:34 Hillary Clinton branded Donald Trump ‘disgusting’ in foul-mouthed rant
- 13:34 Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic learn first Barcelona Open opponents
- 13:34 Driver jailed after ‘repeatedly’ swearing at speed cameras
- 13:34 Burglars cut through shutter to steal from Harrogate town centre shop
- 13:33 Woman sentenced for leaving elderly mother in a chair for a year
- 13:31 Crash drink-driver fell over after she arrived at care home to...
- 13:31 Chelsea news: Conte to Arsenal claim, Blues in for Martial, Klopp...
- 13:30 BTS land two entries in top 100 greatest boyband songs
- 13:30 Leeds hospices’ 40 anniversaries: 40 fundraising ideas to pay...
- 13:30 Revealed: The films that captured Leeds on the big screen
- 13:30 Burglars cut through shutter to steal from Harrogate town centre shop
- 13:30 Woman found used condom ‘with dark hairs attached’ in her Tesco kale
- 13:27 M6 crash: Car hits Highways England vehicle attending breakdown
- 13:26 Second air ambulance for Scotland planned
- 13:26 Theatr Clwyd welcomes touring production of A Midsummer Night's Dream
- 13:26 Specialist recruiter to grow own ranks
- 13:25 Raunds Music Festival is back with a bang
- 13:25 Inquests opened into death of couple struck by train in Doncaster
- 13:25 Cruel daughter left elderly mother sitting in a chair for a year...
- 13:25 John Terry breaks his silence on his Aston Villa future
- 13:25 ' I hope this continues for years' - Wolves star Conor Coady looks...