Two not out for Heaton businesswomen who prove they have success all sewn up
These businesswomen have success sewn up.
Jo Brossman and Anna Clough shoved austerity to one side to celebrate the two-year anniversary of SEW, their clothing alteration and creation shop on in Heaton, Newcastle.
The two entrepreneurs met in 2009 at Cleveland College of Art and Design, part of Teesside University, where they studied entertainment design crafts.
Assisted by Social Enterprise Sunderland, and having received funding from business enterprise agency Entrust, the women opened to the public in October 2014 and haven’t looked back.
Jo, 52, originally from East Germany, said: “We... read more
- 16:29 Why roads will not be closed in Leeds tomorrow for national Clean...
- 16:29 Woman tells murder trial about final conversation with ex-boyfriend...
- 16:28 Stan Wawrinka OUT of Queen’s after Sam Querrey defeat
- 16:27 Tall Ships Races 2018: The 55 ships taking part in this year’s...
- 16:27 Why your car could be towed if you park in this city centre street
- 16:27 One-legged man jailed over two-hour roof-top stand-off
- 16:25 Arsenal news: Does Mesut Ozil ‘go missing’ too often in big games?
- 16:25 West Brom news: Darren Moore shows ruthless streak by axing three...
- 16:24 Brighouse accident shuts road
- 16:24 Should you give money to street beggars? What police and charities say
- 16:24 Owners of The Grapes give update on future of iconic pub after closure
- 16:22 Scottish fathers in low-income jobs less likely to take paternity...
- 16:21 When Harry met Antony
- 16:21 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:21 Berkeley hits peak profits as it warns of London housing slump
- 16:19 Development company selling home it bought from CEO
- 16:19 Tall Ships Races 2018: The 55 ships taking part in this year’s...
- 16:18 Raising a glass to Baroness Bacon: Ale goes on tap in Parliament to...
- 16:18 Are you guilty of Gatsbying?
- 16:17 Axel Tuanzebe and Aston Villa: What next for the Manchester United...
- 16:17 'Announce Yacob new contract' - West Brom fans react to departing trio
- 16:17 Syria war: War crimes committed in Eastern Ghouta battle - UN
- 16:17 Celebs Go Dating wants Brummie singles to feature in new series
- 16:17 Residents won't use "hopeless" bus services in Solihull, warning
- 16:17 Tenancy fraud cases cost Solihull Council more than £1.5m
- 16:17 Pub's strict new rules for England game after rowdy fans cause mayhem
- 16:16 Sheffield tech hub full after 400 move in
- 16:15 WWE legend Vader dies aged 63
- 16:15 Art prize for Eyemouth High pupil
- 16:14 Council at cutting edge as verge works start