Two major Van Gogh works stolen in 2002 recovered: museum
Italian police have recovered two paintings by the Dutch artist Vincent Van Gogh in Naples, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam said on Friday.
It said the paintings, stolen from the museum in 2002, had been removed from their frames but appeared largely undamaged. It was not immediately clear when they would be returned to the museum.
The works, "Congregation Leaving the Reformed Church in Nuene" and "View of the Sea at Scheveningen", are both from relatively early in Van Gogh's career.
(Reporting by Toby Sterling; Editing by Gareth Jones)
- 11:35 Web shoppers warned over Facebook Marketplace fraud
- 11:35 Premier League Predictions: Man United beat Spurs, Chelsea...
- 11:35 REVEALED: Millions of pounds made from parking charges and fines in...
- 11:35 Whole community invited to Evening Mail's annual carol service
- 11:35 Dalton zoo gives youngsters chance to feed camels as part of...
- 11:35 Overnight road closure planned
- 11:35 Barrow community enjoys vintage afternoon tea event
- 11:34 Generous man says thank you to Northampton people for hundreds of...
- 11:34 Trading standards warn over illegally-imported puppies
- 11:34 Stabbing in Webster Street, Derby - our full report from the scene
- 11:34 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:34 Dramatic scenes as bungling car thieves crashed vehicle catches...
- 11:32 Film reviews: Hero or villain?
- 11:32 Bridge academies are falling down
- 11:32 The West’s policies towards Islamic countries backfire spectacularly
- 11:33 Christmas hair video tutorial: Here’s how to create a Christmas...
- 11:32 The elephant in the room
- 11:32 Hypocrisy over Saudi Arabia
- 11:32 World in brief: Friday December 9 2016
- 11:32 South Korea’s President Park faces impeachment charge
- 11:32 Assad: Winning Aleppo siege is a landmark moment
- 11:33 Campaign to build bridge over ‘danger bypass’ after accident
- 11:32 Southern strike is back on track
- 11:32 Anti-poverty group takes aim at CDC
- 11:32 Top judges wrap up Brexit hearing
- 11:32 Christmas comes early at South Tyneside’s newest visitor attraction
- 11:32 Justice secretary praises our campaign calling for tougher...
- 11:32 City centre Victorian church could be turned into bar or restaurant
- 11:32 Christmas message sent to supporters of policeman with cancer
- 11:32 Consultations to be held over closure of Wainfleet surgery