Two children, teacher shot at S. Carolina school; suspect in custody
A teenager is believed to have shot and killed his father before going to a nearby elementary school in South Carolina and wounding two children and a teacher on Wednesday afternoon, authorities said.
The shooting happened in the early afternoon at Townville Elementary School in Anderson County, located near the Georgia state line about 100 miles (160 km) northeast of Atlanta.
One of the 6-year-old children shot was in critical condition and in surgery at Greenville Memorial Hospital, Scott Stoller, Anderson County's director of emergency services, told the Anderson Independent Mail.... read more
- 13:51 FMQs: Nicola Sturgeon supports proposal for dedicated A&E mental...
- 13:51 Roger Federer eases into third round of the Australian Open with...
- 13:50 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp facing striker exodus at Anfield as...
- 13:50 Park building damaged by fallen branch as high winds sweep across...
- 13:50 This is how to get rid of bad breath
- 13:49 Driver, 80, spared jail for killing pensioner when she...
- 13:49 Leicester battered by Storm Fionn - but will the windy weather...
- 13:49 BREAKING NEWS: A1028 near Ulceby Cross closed after serious accident
- 13:48 French 'MeToo' creator Sandra Muller 'sued for defamation'
- 13:48 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Call The Midwife delivers again
- 13:47 Police investigate Annan fire
- 13:47 Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Arsenal: Borussia Dortmund slam Arsene...
- 13:47 EastEnders spoilers: Tamzin Outhwaite reveals how long she is...
- 13:46 Woman punched and kicked a man in pub after he allegedly provoked her
- 13:44 Barack Obama and wife Michelle share gushing messages on her birthday
- 13:44 Sheffield businessman charged over death of baby
- 13:44 Gazing across the Angus coastline
- 13:43 Sheffield businessman charged over death of baby
- 13:43 Elderly woman involved in Scarborough collision
- 13:43 Leeds pay-per-click company Circus makes charitable offer
- 13:43 Staff at Leeds-based NHS Digital hoping for IT awards success
- 13:42 BREAKING NEWS: Bomb disposal squad called to Northamptonshire...
- 13:42 Francis Ngannou was homeless four years ago and working in a sand...
- 13:39 Cumbria charity set for expansion to cope with continued demand
- 13:39 CODE RED STORM: Netherlands battered by 90mph winds leaving three dead
- 13:39 Park Hill golf club closes suddenly - all staff made redundant,...
- 13:39 Padiham's new-look gym officially opened
- 13:37 Alexis Sanchez to Man Utd deal held up by final stumbling block as...
- 13:37 Water supply reconnected at Nottingham station after fire
- 13:36 These are the top 10 Volkwagen GTI models of all time