Twitter shares plunge sharply as it's revealed neither Google nor Disney will bid for the social network
Twitter shares plunged on Thursday, a day after technology website Recode reported that Alphabet's Google and Disney would not bid for the social network and Apple was unlikely to be a suitor.
The company has requested binding acquisition bids within the next two weeks and hopes to wrap up sale negotiations before the end of the month.
Google was a likely contender for the microblogging service but those familiar with the deal told Recode that the company was not moving forward with an effort to buy Twitter at this time.
Disney had also considered making a bid but is not currently planning... read more
- 10:25 Police cadets helped out at Goosnargh jumble sale
- 10:23 Here’s a list of ways in which men can actually help women
- 10:23 What police say about officers' Hull Fair dodgem fun
- 10:23 Paralysed bride to be hits out at health bosses after care package...
- 10:21 Isle Lifestylers making waves for charity
- 10:21 Man tries to kill spiders with blow torch – ends up burning his...
- 10:21 Pokemon Go Halloween event 2017 news: Fresh LEAK confirms fans'...
- 10:21 Three North East sports stars to talk at special charity night
- 10:20 Oddfellows events put spotlight on friendship
- 10:20 Derby County defender Max Lowe 'buzzing' after return to action...
- 10:20 New book chronicles glamour of Derby Gaumont cinema pop gigs in the...
- 10:19 EastEnders' Stacey in intensive care after giving birth
- 10:19 David James explains how a drunken day out at the races got him a...
- 10:19 Listen: West Brom boss Tony Pulis on Nacer Chadli's display and his...
- 10:19 Wolves ready to complete permanent deal for loanee in January -...
- 10:19 Ophelia could leave homes in Cumbria without power until 4.30pm today
- 10:19 Oddfellows events put spotlight on friendship
- 10:19 £600m Lloyds banking takeover trial set to begin
- 10:19 Man Utd news: Richard Keys makes bold Romelu Lukaku and Paul Pogba...
- 10:17 Tesla Model 3 NEWS - Here is why the new electric car production is...
- 10:17 Top comedian at arts centre
- 10:16 Win tickets to Dayinsure Wales Rally GB 2017
- 10:16 Preston’s newest coffee shop promises to offer top quality coffee...
- 10:16 Southampton midfielder Oriol Romeu admits frustration after draw...
- 10:16 Tottenham 'value Harry Kane at more than £200' amid interest from...
- 10:15 P&O Ferries posts record Q3 for lorries across the Irish Sea
- 10:15 Donald Trump is a danger to world peace, says Emily Thornberry
- 10:15 North Korea says 'a nuclear war may break out any moment'
- 10:15 Dominos Pizza sex couple to be sentenced for outraging public decency
- 10:15 Tories 'would have won Commons majority under boundary changes'