Twenty four hospitals breach waiting times for bowel cancer tests
Twenty four hospitals in the North of England and Yorkshire and the Humber do not meet the NHS standard of less than 1 per cent of patients waiting more than six weeks for tests that could diagnose bowel cancer.
In one hospital in the region, 25 percent of patients are waiting beyond the six week waiting time target.
Figures released last week by NHS England for February 2017 reveal that nearly 2,000 people in England are waiting longer than the six week target set by the Government. The two key tests to diagnose bowel cancer are colonoscopy and flexible sigmoidoscopy – a camera on a thin,... read more
- 06:13 Lincolnshire’s gritters drive the equivalent of to the South Pole...
- 06:13 10 books to give this Christmas
- 06:12 Concern over 'remote supervision' of offenders by phone
- 06:11 10 books to give this Christmas
- 06:10 Man Utd striker Romelu Lukaku should have celebrated against...
- 06:10 China meets Australian ambassador amid 'influence' debate
- 06:09 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:09 10 books to give this Christmas
- 06:08 Devastated mum's baby boy died after midwifes wrongly sent her home
- 06:08 Tributes to legendary Hull trawler skipper who died after falling...
- 06:08 10 books to give this Christmas
- 06:08 Northumberland Livestock
- 06:07 Police still targeting burglars in South Tyneside and Sunderland
- 06:07 Man who ran illegal tip in Sunderland ordered to pay more than £1,700
- 06:07 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Gorka loses it with Alexandra Burke: ‘I...
- 06:07 TK Maxx reveals opening date for new Derby city centre store
- 06:07 Widow appeals for information on asbestos from late husband's...
- 06:06 10 books to give this Christmas
- 06:05 China's central bank raises interest rates after Fed rise
- 06:02 Bill Jamieson: Growing public distrust of politicians is dangerous
- 06:02 Leader comment: There’s a warning in faces from our brutal past
- 06:02 Link says it is ‘committed to maintaining geographical cobverage of...
- 06:01 Here’s what to do if a Grinch tells your children Santa doesn’t exist
- 06:00 Man City are the best team in Europe let alone the Premier League -...
- 06:00 Nintendo Switch games LEAK: PS4, Xbox One and Switch getting big...
- 05:59 What's the reason behind Castle Street's strange Christmas music?
- 05:59 Volunteers offer £150 to catch 'evil' yobs who torched children's...
- 05:59 Mum of autistic Jack Rogan now fears suicidal son may be moved 200...
- 05:59 Man cruelly tipped out of wheelchair by thieves says he's now...
- 05:59 Boy, 9, finds mum dead in bed after trying to wake her up for school