TV presenter Richard Madeley backs Carlisle dementia fundraiser
Television star Richard Madeley has thrown his support behind fundraisers taking part in Carlisle’s Memory Walk this weekend.
The broadcaster, who worked as a reporter for BBC Cumbria early in his career, is urging people to “walk for a world without dementia” on Saturday.
About 1,000 walkers are expected to descend on the city’s Bitts Park to make their way along a 6km riverside route, while others will also be completing a shorter 1.5km walk.
It will be officially opened by Beth Furneaux, Cumbria County Council’s cabinet member for health and social care services.
Mr Madeley, whose mum... read more
- 17:16 YouTube prankster Jake Paul could be sued for £2.5 million by...
- 17:16 Gwyneth Paltrow opens up about her past ‘intimacy issues’ and...
- 17:16 Scarlett Johansson reveals floral back tattoo on the Avengers:...
- 17:16 Woman, 21, hit in face with glass or bottle at student club night...
- 17:15 Luke Shaw ready to run down his Manchester United deal to leave for...
- 17:14 Cartmell Shepherd officially opens new office in West Cumbria
- 17:14 Jail for transgender beautician who assaulted police constable
- 17:13 Israel scraps plan to forcibly deport African migrants
- 17:13 Oh I do like to be beside the seaside! The top 10 beachside holiday...
- 17:13 Palma becomes first Spanish city to ban property owners from...
- 17:13 Reports from the court
- 17:13 Clear space on your dressing table – RuPaul is releasing a...
- 17:10 Leeds's Turtle Bay allowed to trade later despite police concerns
- 17:10 Emergency fix after cable fault in Spalding
- 17:10 MEP urges support for PM as she negotiates Brexit
- 17:09 Explore art after hours with Museums at Night
- 17:09 The 13 most annoying things about living in Great Barr
- 17:09 Harron Homes donate £1,000 to Shireoaks Village Hall renovation...
- 17:08 Borough Park burglars blasted by Workington Reds' joint-chairman
- 17:08 Melton Year 6 pupils at Swallowdale School pitch in to move bus...
- 17:07 Liverpool v Roma: Fan favourite John Arne Riise makes worrying...
- 17:07 Uppingham Hopper bus service all set to roll next week
- 17:07 Lincolnshire Police reveals upsurge in assualts on officers
- 17:06 Thomas Orchard custody death: Police force charged
- 17:06 Motorcyclist seriously injured after crash with car near Rugby
- 17:04 Scottish Government opens hub in Berlin to boost business links
- 17:04 Former member of Northamptonshire's Jesus Army member jailed for...
- 17:03 Former carer repeatedly stole from from vulnerable Leamington woman
- 17:03 Nicky helps champ break Boxercise world record
- 17:03 Jeff Bezos v the world: why all companies fear 'death by Amazon'