Turpin family: parents deny torturing children
The Californian parents who allegedly kept their 13 children in shackles in their home have pleaded not guilty at their first court appearance.
David Turpin, 56, and Louise Turpin, 49, are facing multiple charges of torture, abuse and false imprisonment, after their 17-year-old daughter escaped from the house and called police.
David Turpin has also been charged with a lewd act on a child by force or fear of duress.
During their court appearance, District Attorney Mike Hestrin described the couple’s actions as “severe emotional, physical abuse” and “depraved conduct”.
At a press briefing,... read more
- 09:25 Burglars were caught out by their snow tracks
- 09:25 People who eat seafood have more sex
- 09:25 Long-serving Brechin goalkeeper Graeme Smith joins Stenhousemuir
- 09:25 Dundee managing director John Nelms admits club are prepared to...
- 09:25 Dens Park could carry name of sponsor in its title next season
- 09:25 Liverpool team news: Jurgen Klopp’s likely 4-3-3 line-up for...
- 09:25 New Chelsea manager: Maurizio Sarri to talk with Blues TODAY over...
- 09:25 Chelsea ready to let Alvaro Morata quit Stamford Bridge for just £13m
- 09:23 What’s on in the Pocklington and district area over the next couple...
- 09:23 My high point of musical year
- 09:23 Castle celebrates county’s big day
- 09:22 Paddy Power Betfair seals FanDuel deal
- 09:22 Deutsche Bank is cutting more than 7,000 jobs
- 09:21 LOOK INSIDE: Stunning Grade II listed property with annex and...
- 09:21 Liam Gallagher meets his daughter, Molly Moorish, for first time
- 09:20 Liverpool News: English duo wanted, Fekir swoop backed, midfielder...
- 09:20 Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp names player he's most excited about...
- 09:20 Luke Foley apologises for 'white flight' comment, saying he now...
- 09:20 'They're everywhere': has the decline of the seal hunt saved the...
- 09:20 Nurse who saved for Africa clinic left in limbo after US Customs...
- 09:17 Twins set to take on Slimefest 2018
- 09:15 History showcase at Proact stadium draws exhibitors from all over...
- 09:15 DERBYSHIRE: Historic hotel to be demolished
- 09:15 Woman who suffered up to ten seizures a day can now go out on her...
- 09:14 Thousands to go back in time as Brighouse 1940s weekend returns
- 09:12 Robert shows his sugarcraft skills
- 09:11 Misterton names its Citizens of the Year
- 09:10 Football transfer rumours: Toby Alderweireld to Manchester United
- 09:10 Can Bridlington land major fishing award?
- 09:10 Teenage girl and man face more questioning over fatal stabbing in...