Turning tragedy into triumph
0 Have your say The turf is on the roof, the timber beams are up and the flooring is set to be laid. Hauxley Nature Reserve’s bespoke new visitor centre is taking shape.
And this eye-catching building is a shining example of how to turn a tragedy into a triumph.
It was 2010 when the attraction’s former premises was burnt down in an arson attack. It was a sickening blow for this tranquil haven, which is much loved by wildlife enthusiasts. But thankfully, there will be a happy ending; a new and superior facility is rising from the ashes.
Six years on from the fire, this eco-friendly wildlife... read more
- 07:52 Griezmann’s Man Utd agreement, Chelsea’s Madrid vow, £25m Liverpool...
- 07:49 The taste of Spain that's hard 'tapas' up all at a leisurely...
- 07:49 Do any of the Grimsby area's clocks work?
- 07:48 Firebugs set light to car at side of road
- 07:47 Cow burps rather than farts are destroying the earth’s atmosphere
- 07:47 New-look Costcutter store opens in Kirton
- 07:46 These 14 facts about Shropshire will simply amaze you
- 07:46 England man Eric Dier: Age is just a number, we need trophies
- 07:43 Sheffield murder probe: everything we know so far
- 07:43 Pedestrian taken to hospital with leg injury after 'hit-and-run'...
- 07:42 Meet Pictish art enthusiast Marianna Lines
- 07:42 Cumbrian mum's terror as she faced Westminster terrorist
- 07:41 On This Day: Why speeding ticket was bill-a-wrong, Wembley fever &...
- 07:41 Grace to lose long locks for charity
- 07:41 11 of the cheapest properties for sale in North Lincolnshire
- 07:41 Scunthorpe man sentenced for assault by beating
- 07:41 Lorries too large for this road are 'putting lives in danger'
- 07:41 North Lincolnshire first place in UK to host Eurotrials
- 07:41 When will the clocks change in 2017? Here's what you need to know
- 07:41 Over one million UK homeowners on wrong mortgage deal
- 07:38 Man accused of damaging 4X4
- 07:37 VIDEO: Just Alfie launches DT Lunchtime Live
- 07:37 Northants ace Crook in top condition ahead of new campaign
- 07:31 Russell Howard: Why I am always worried about outstaying my welcome
- 07:29 'Knowing I'm doing it for Sam gives me reason to get up in the...
- 07:29 Were you caught on camera at the Winter Gardens in 2000/2001?
- 07:29 Watching England play 'was a breath of fresh air' - Grimsby Town...
- 07:29 Grimsby Town boss Marcus Bignot wants to get back 'that winning...
- 07:29 Dog walker attacked with hammer after being asked for a cigarette
- 07:29 Devastating blow for brave battler Sam as family launch bucket list...