Turning the dead into vinyl records
John Hobson is listening to a recording of conversations with his late mother, mostly small talk about family.
The words are on a vinyl record, although this is more than a recording of memories.
The ashes of Madge Hobson are combined with the vinyl, with a photograph and details of her life printed on the labels.
"It makes the perfect family record, which can be passed down the generations," says Jason Leach, 46, the founder of And Vinyly, which produced the disc.
The firm is part of a fast-growing sector of the end-of-life industry. No longer need ashes be stored in an urn or... read more
- 00:28 Junior football: Two wins on the spin gives Rutherglen Glencairn...
- 00:27 Crystal Palace star man Wilfried Zaha stays sharp with extra...
- 00:27 Suffering with eczema? Your daily shower or bath might be to blame
- 00:25 EastEnders spoilers: Kat and Alfie Moon for big Walford return as...
- 00:23 Man Utd star Marcus Rashford is as good as Kylian Mbappe - Phil...
- 00:23 Antonio Conte talks David Luiz injury suffered v Arsenal: He’ll be...
- 00:22 New York bomber was not operating as a 'lone wolf’, warns...
- 00:20 How do you like your wine – with a cork or screw-cap?
- 00:20 Nine million people still make or receive calls while driving
- 00:20 Consumers told to stop buying 'fire-risk' fridges
- 00:20 Ryanair pilots reject bonus to work through cancellation crisis
- 00:16 Third generation joins Lake District holiday firm
- 00:13 Giselle: Akram Khan transforms
- 00:11 Judge puts Brum bin worker cuts on the scrapheap
- 00:09 Scintillating recall of fighting racism on Bristol busses
- 00:09 A wonderful revival of Wilder’s moving tale
- 00:09 The guardian Angel of Kobane
- 00:09 Uefa boss calls for a fair football business
- 00:10 Everton FC draw Chelsea away and Manchester United travel to...
- 00:09 Yarnold sad to see bobsleigh talent go to waste
- 00:09 Sampson given the boot from top job
- 00:09 The hellish ordeal of the ‘DWP experience’
- 00:09 Die Linke women to the fore
- 00:09 The rich look down their noses at the poor
- 00:09 Birmingham council should end this sorry charade now
- 00:09 Cuba: Havana hits back at Trump’s bluster on socialist threat
- 00:09 Hurricane batters Puerto Rico after blasting Dominica
- 00:09 Unions seek reassurances after Mitie jobs cull news
- 00:09 Glasgow: Tenants in the dark about cladding risk
- 00:09 More unions want Leonard for leader