Turkish gold trader pushes for dismissal of U.S. sanctions case
A federal judge on Wednesday heard arguments on whether U.S. charges against a Turkish gold trader for violating U.S. sanctions against Iran should be dismissed, in a high-profile case that could determine the scope of the U.S. sanctions regime.
U.S. prosecutors accuse Reza Zarrab, a 33-year-old Turkish and Iranian citizen, of using a network of companies in Turkey and the United Arab Emirates to facilitate hundreds of millions of dollars of financial transactions on behalf of Iranian companies and individuals in violation of U.S. sanctions.
But Zarrab's defence team, made up of some of the... read more
- 16:47 'How do I protect my family?': EU citizens in Britain contemplate...
- 16:47 New FCC chair vows 'light-touch' approach to regulation
- 16:47 Sir Patrick Stewart learning to paint with young Scots artist
- 16:46 Wall Street slips as financials, discretionary stocks drag
- 16:46 U.N. says Thailand leaves legal loophole for torture, disappearances
- 16:46 Teenager punched and stamped on during Widnes street robbery
- 16:46 Car drives into crowd at Mardi Gras parade in Alabama
- 16:45 I refuse to be ashamed of relying on my partner for money
- 16:43 BREAKING: Dozens hurt as car ploughs into crowd at Mardi Gras...
- 16:42 All aboard for re-opening of miniature railway
- 16:42 Online court hearings set to ‘modernise” Scottish courts
- 16:42 EastEnders: Concerned Shirley Carter warns Whitney to STAY AWAY...
- 16:41 Man United star Paul Pogba attacked by fans in restaurant after...
- 16:41 Dean Saunders: This is the key reason why Jurgen Klopp's Liverpool...
- 16:41 EU parliament says governments delayed new rules on car emissions
- 16:40 Horizon Zero Dawn reveals astonishing vision of future Birmingham -...
- 16:40 Not all paedophiles should be jailed, says police chief
- 16:39 This ‘nightmare-inducing’ robot is like the Terminator on roller...
- 16:39 Karen’s dog handling skills are rewarded
- 16:38 Joe Rogan brands CM Punk's UFC debut 'offensive' to mixed martial arts
- 16:38 How would Arsenal look next season if Max Allegri took over in the...
- 16:38 Nicol: Liverpool FC looked like a mid-table team
- 16:38 Mumtaz Member murder: Leicester police turn to Crimewatch to try to...
- 16:37 Plans for camping pods behind Cumbria's Melbreak Hotel
- 16:37 Sir Andy Murray beats Malek Jaziri in first match since shock...
- 16:36 Calls grow for new Sheffield bishop to ease ‘distress and anxiety’
- 16:36 Decision finally due on £46m M1 service station in Sheffield green...
- 16:35 Predict the Premier League winners and who'll clinch Champions...
- 16:34 Kansas shooting: Hundreds attend funeral in India
- 16:34 New leftist splinter group could make life hard for Italy's PM