Tui basks in the sun as Brexit fails to dent holidays
Brexit worries and instability in Turkey have failed to dampen the outlook at Tui, Europe’s largest tour operator, which has raised its profit guidance for the full year to the end of September.
The group said demand has remained strong from holidaymakers in the UK, where its brands include Thomson and First Choice. Revenues in the summer season were up 5 per cent as Britons defied concerns that the devaluation of the pound since the Brexit vote on 23 June would undermine the market for foreign holidays.
Bookings from the UK for the 2016-17 winter season are also robust with an increase of... read more
- 10:24 Cars damaged in Asda petrol station blaze
- 10:22 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers SLAM Louise Redknapp over epic...
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...
- 10:16 Shkodran Mustafi back in training but Aaron Ramsey could be out...
- 10:16 Police boss says Force will put communities ahead of cost with £30m...
- 10:16 How we must all meet the challenge of tackling loneliness
- 10:15 Cumbria County council issue plea to find selfless carers for new...
- 10:14 Australia captain Steven Smith closes in on century as England post...
- 10:14 Celtic must get rid of European 'nerves' if they have any chance of...
- 10:14 Firm’s technical five star Blackpool hotel challenge
- 10:14 East Kilbride Road Club celebrate their best-ever season
- 10:14 Mansfield and district crime report
- 10:13 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green
- 10:12 Premier League preview: Can Man City be stopped?