TUC urges 'tech revolution' training
The so-called fourth industrial revolution, sparked by use of robots and artificial intelligence, needs a revolution in workers' rights, according to TUC general secretary Frances O'Grady.
She will tell the CBI in London that jobs will change, and new ones will emerge in manufacturing and other industries.
"We need to make sure that tech poor communities aren't left behind, and that all staff are supported and skilled-up to ride the wave and share in the rewards," she will say today.
"If government, business and unions work together and make creating good jobs the priority,... read more
- 05:14 Trump says North Korea still 'extraordinary threat'
- 05:14 Brian to follow dad’s journey in honour of our Regiment
- 05:14 YEP says: Arguing over words won’t stop people dying on our streets
- 04:31 Public asked to stay away from Cardigan Bay dolphins
- 04:31 Alana Mian and Hameeda Begum: Bolton arson probe continues
- 04:06 Syrian barrel bomb attack on rebels jeopardises US-Russia deal
- 03:58 Unravelling the mystery of Akon's Wakanda
- 03:41 Mesut Ozil to request Arsenal’s No.10 shirt after Jack Wilshere’s exit
- 03:31 Eureka turns training pitch for girls
- 02:45 Momentum chief Jon Lansman's 'run on pound' fear
- 02:39 BREAKING: Ex-South Korean Prime Minister Kim Jong-Pil has died
- 02:32 Is racism worsening Australia's China influence row?
- 02:32 Turkey's elections explained in 100 and 500 words
- 02:31 Ariana Grande boasts about size of Pete Davidson's manhood in...
- 02:31 Priyanka Chopra takes Nick Jonas to Mumbai! Actress wears racy...
- 02:31 Victoria Beckham flashes a glimpse of her bra under her semi-sheer...
- 02:31 Love Island: Dumped Rosie takes a swipe at Lauren Goodger following...
- 02:31 Ant McPartlin 'offers Lisa Armstrong their London home in a bid to...
- 02:31 Newsreader Natasha Kaplinsky's eight-year-old daughter suffers...
- 02:31 Meghan Trainor flashes cleavage and her giant engagement ring at...
- 02:18 Anthony Bourdain: Chef's mother plans memorial tattoo
- 02:14 Why many mums are better than one
- 02:05 Forced asset sales by banks destroying farmers' lives, Nationals...
- 02:04 When the going gets tough, the tough get mucky
- 01:50 North Korean propaganda changes its tune
- 01:33 Teens on 9-1 GCSEs: 'Everyone's worried about grade boundaries'
- 01:33 Meet Game of Thrones' woman of weapons
- 01:25 The Aquarius: Migrant taxi service or charitable rescuers?
- 01:23 Tom Richmond: Tories could pay dearly for their attitude to the North
- 01:22 Codebreaking Bombe moves to computer museum