Tuberculosis kills three people a minute as case numbers rise
Tuberculosis is killing more people than thought, yet governments are not doing enough to bring the debilitating infectious disease under control, the World Health Organisation has said.
TB and scarlet fever: why Victorian diseases are making a comeback Read more The latest WHO figures show TB has been taking a much greater toll in India than previously believed and that the number of cases worldwide last year was 10.4m , up from the 9.6m estimated before more detailed investigations were done.
The disease claims the lives of 1.8 million people worldwide each year, not the 1.5 million it... read more
- 08:32 FA apologises to Eniola Aluko over Mark Sampson’s racist remarks
- 08:28 Denise Welch on bikinis, body confidence and books
- 08:27 Jarrow care home hosts tea party for South Tyneside’s latest...
- 08:27 Black Monday: 30 years after 1987 stock market crash... Wall Street...
- 08:26 MARKETS LIVE: FTSE 100 and Spain's IBEX fall ahead of showdown in...
- 08:26 Holly heartbroken to miss out on a medal
- 08:26 Scott’s gold glory is inspiration for Lisa
- 08:24 Brid’s bumper summer - thanks to birds, bikes, Brexit and bands
- 08:24 Coventry Telegraph Business Awards 2017: Finalists revealed
- 08:23 Teenage girl left bruised after attempted robbery in Doncaster
- 08:22 Six-storey staff car park approved for Lancaster hospital
- 08:22 Ninja star confiscated from High Peak children
- 08:22 Crash blocks one lane of A50 causing delays
- 08:22 Alarm over decline in flying insects
- 08:21 Sellafield firefighters on strike again today
- 08:20 Man Utd angry at Jose Mourinho and consider replacing him with Luis...
- 08:20 Meet Britain's shortest servicewoman - and she's from Lincolnshire
- 08:20 Arsenal news LIVE updates: Keane blast, Chambers injury blow,...
- 08:19 Granville Academy, in Woodville, closed for rest of week after...
- 08:18 Huge 75-tonne delivery to Hull will cause massive delays on roads
- 08:18 Bingo! Leeds jobs bonanza just the tonic
- 08:16 Inquest into Cumbrian mum's death hears of further hospital errors
- 08:16 Arsenal are behind ‘most teams in the Premier League’, claims...
- 08:16 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty DEMANDS answers in heated Brexit...
- 08:15 Barcelona join the race to sign Tottenham star Harry Kane
- 08:13 You’re going to be obsessed with this Instagram dedicated to...
- 08:13 Country glory in the glens
- 08:11 Plucky Blackpool hotelier uses Google to catch burglar
- 08:11 Mum-of-two fights back from breast cancer at age of 30
- 08:11 Here's how schools are supporting transgender and non-binary pupils