Tsunami warning lifted in Japan after strong earthquake
FEARS of another natural disaster have eased slightly in Japan after a tsunami warning was lifted following a strong earthquake off the north east coast.
• Two people hurt but there are no immediate reports of serious damage
• A tsunami of one metre hit Ishinomaki at 9.02am UK time
The magnitude 7.3 quake struck offshore at 8:18am, UK time, causing buildings across much of Japan to sway.
There were no immediate reports of serious damage but two people were hurt.
After the quake, authorities issued a warning that a tsunami potentially as high as two metres could hit. Ishinomaki, a city in... read more
- 13:14 Science says sandwiches are wrecking your diet
- 13:14 'FIVE-YEARS WARNING': German politician issues prediction of...
- 13:14 Yorkshire now apparently wants its own emojis
- 13:14 Welsh woman LOCKED UP by her dad behind metal bars for kissing a man
- 13:14 Human tooth found in slice of bread in Gwynedd man's sandwich
- 13:13 Gunman opened fire in chicken.com in Coventry Road, Small Heath
- 13:12 Plastic shards found in packets of Fridge Raiders
- 13:12 Estranged husband gets community order after attacking wife during...
- 13:12 15 things to do in Chester and Ellesmere Port this weekend
- 13:12 Arrests made after Neston drugs raids
- 13:11 Sunderland fans to give David Moyes a sold-out welcome at...
- 13:11 Concerns over major purchase
- 13:11 JCDecaux to cut investments in Britain after Brexit vote
- 13:10 Man beats odds of one in...
- 13:10 Somebody call a doctor
- 13:08 Appeal for witnesses to robbery
- 13:08 Help to trace next of kin
- 13:08 Why is Nabzy's takeaway closed? Social media meltdown after popular...
- 13:08 Travelling overseas could affect benefits
- 13:08 Police probe after street disturbance
- 13:08 Why academy is just the job
- 13:07 Sunderland fans to give David Moyes a sold-out welcome at...
- 13:07 Henrikh Mkhitaryan: This Borussia Dortmund star convinced me to...
- 13:06 Estranged husband gets community order after attacking wife during...
- 13:06 After profits fall is Derby's Rolls-Royce now set to soar?
- 13:06 Zika virus fear mum-to-be told she can stay in Britain to have baby
- 13:05 Dance group charity step up for national award
- 13:05 More ladies tee up for golf
- 13:05 Stunning Nunthorpe Dream Home lovingly restored over past 25 years
- 13:05 Delay in ‘named person’ legislation