Truth about Birmingham pub bombings may never be told if Theresa May doesn't act
The truth about the deaths of 21 people in the Birmingham pub bombings may never be known because of the Government’s refusal to ensure relatives of the victims have proper legal representation, a senior MP has warned.
Andy Burnham, the former Health Secretary who led a successful campaign for an inquiry into Hillsborough, said he would tell Prime Minister Theresa May that the families and the entire country had a right to know what happened.
He was speaking after he met relatives of the pub bombing victims in the House of Commons, alongside Birmingham MPs Jess Phillips (Lab Birmingham... read more
- 00:42 Forget getting up early, LUNCHTIME could be the best time for a jog
- 00:40 Britain to lose £23b if Heathrow airport is denied third runway
- 00:40 Post-Brexit vote figures show Britain's economy slowing
- 00:40 Find out how you can fight back against inflation
- 00:40 British company strikes rice deal with China among Brexit fears
- 00:36 Murder probe after woman's body found
- 00:36 Housing: Councils call for freedoms to build new homes
- 00:34 In pictures: Libyan students celebrate graduation amid ruins
- 00:33 Short story: Twenty Years by Joanna Bolouri
- 00:33 Memoirs and autumn's best cookbooks: Reviews
- 00:33 Theatre reviews: Ragtime, The Red Barn and Oil
- 00:33 Dance review: Burn The Floor
- 00:33 Opera reviews: Madama Butterfly and Ulysses’ Homecoming
- 00:33 Film reviews: Jack Reacher, I, Daniel Blake and Keeping Up With The...
- 00:33 Jack Reacher author Lee Child: Trump chickened out of Vietnam- end...
- 00:32 Do six people die for every kilo of cocaine?
- 00:32 Citroen DS3 Performance review - Return of the pocket rocket
- 00:30 Venezuelans protest after quashed referendum
- 00:26 Police release 12 more mugshots of fans after Scottish Cup Final...
- 00:22 West Brom: Tony Pulis gives his verdict on Liverpool
- 00:22 Pierluigi Gollini: Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce on the young...
- 00:22 Sam Eggington's epic defeat of Frankie Gavin was a 'super human'...
- 00:21 'Revolutionary' flab-busting treatment endorsed by Kim Kardashian...
- 00:19 QUICK QUIZ: What’s been going on this week?
- 00:15 Police launch inquiry into death of woman ‘refused’ an abortion by...
- 00:12 Thropton WI, Meeting
- 00:11 River Island, New Look and Next: The best coat designs for winter
- 00:11 Debenhams, Oliver Bonas and Jigsaw: The best accessories we want...
- 00:12 Interview: Father of LiFi brings web out of the dark ages
- 00:11 Tesco, Next and Debenhams: The most stylish bread bins