Trust which runs Barrow hospital reveals surgical blunder details
There were two so called 'never events' inflicted upon patients within hospitals run by the University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust - the organisation in charge of Furness General Hospital - during the 2015/16 year.
Hospital bosses emphasised that never events are incredibly rare but stated both incidents had been unacceptable and sparked full-scale investigations into their cause.
RELATED ARTICLE: Morecambe Bay hospitals subject five patients to never event blunder ordeal
Dr David Walker, UHMBT medical director, said: "Although never events represent a very small... read more
- 04:37 Champions League: Liverpool fans' Kiev flights cancelled
- 03:55 Bishop who lit up royal wedding tells Washington crowd: 'Love your...
- 03:13 Bunnings pulls out of Britain after $1bn-plus disaster
- 03:13 North Korea leaves door open for 'desperately necessary' Trump summit
- 03:07 Private meeting to go ahead in Northampton today to discuss crucial...
- 02:52 Kim Kardashian returns to blonde hair for her anniversary... as she...
- 02:52 Victoria Beckham reveals that she teaches her four children the...
- 02:52 Professor Green's ex Fae Williams passionately kisses new boyfriend...
- 02:52 Coronation Street's Lucy Fallon enjoys date night with boyfriend...
- 02:52 Aidan Turner hints Poldark will end after series four... but...
- 02:52 Love Island's Olivia Attwood twerks in TINY leopard print bikini......
- 02:52 Footballer Charlie Austin's daughter dresses as a mermaid as they...
- 02:52 Rita Ora flashes her washboard abs in fringed red co-ords as she...
- 02:46 Brazil reaches deal with hauliers to suspend fuel strike
- 02:30 Tiahleigh Palmer: foster father Rick Thorburn pleads guilty to murder
- 02:21 North Korea ready to talk 'at any time' with Donald Trump
- 02:16 Poor white schools 'destroyed' by rankings
- 02:04 Steve Smith to return to cricket in Canadian T20 tournament
- 01:53 Lee Rhiannon announces retirement as Greens senator
- 01:53 San Francisco police will not be charged in deaths of Mario Woods...
- 01:34 SNP to launch growth report on economics of independence
- 01:25 'They are our brothers': Rohingya refugees find rare welcome in Aceh
- 01:25 Top bodies urge action to ward off Brexit VAT threat
- 01:07 Junior riders shine for Heckmondwike
- 01:04 'I took 57 painkillers a day to get high'
- 01:04 Angelina Jolie's Breadwinner spotlights Afghan girls' plight
- 01:04 Six acts to discover at Biggest Weekend
- 01:00 The strawberry-picking robots doing a job humans won't
- 00:58 Scarborough Market Hall wins prestigious award
- 00:57 Fewer children in detention but Indigenous rate falling more slowly