Trust raise funds for new hoist
0 Have your say The Spenborough Cooperative Trust has raised £2,000 to purchase a mobile hoist, helping disabled pupils to participate in school activities.
Schools from across the trust, including Heckmondwike Primary and Headlands Church of England school held non uniform days, raising £1,300.
Pupils at Fairfield School will first use the hoist in December for Christmas choir performances at Dewsbury town hall.
Communications and Interaction Manager Tracey Fillan said: “Having a mobile hoist will make a huge difference to our students.
“It means that those students with limited mobility... read more
- 18:27 Israel's Netanyahu gives conditional 'No' to meeting Palestinian...
- 18:27 Eyeing re-election, Germany's Merkel takes tougher tone on migrants
- 18:27 Left-wing voter support jumps for former French PM Valls - poll
- 18:26 Everton ace reveals pal's joy at securing Manchester United move
- 18:23 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Plans to demolish Crosby Primary School
- 18:22 Seasonal songs at town concert in Spilsby
- 18:22 Gary Rowett: how Burton Albion helped get full-time football out of...
- 18:22 New £5 notes engraved with Jane Austen worth £50,000 circulated in...
- 18:22 The search is on for Junior Miss Lincolnshire
- 18:22 Nottinghamshire Police given £1m to set up business crime hub
- 18:22 Heartbroken parents face devastating Christmas after death of...
- 18:20 Mum's shock as SECOND new baby makes entrance in hospital car park
- 18:20 Your used stamps can be used to help fight against cancer
- 18:19 Christmas stock show at Louth’s Cattle Market
- 18:18 Three people trapped after car and van crash in Narborough Road
- 18:15 Crash between car and lorry causes traffic chaos in Hedon Road, Hull
- 18:15 Jessica Lawson WILL get her colourful memorial bench thanks to...
- 18:14 Flu outbreak closes Stockport high school for five days
- 18:13 Good turnout to Melton’s 2016 Fatstock Show
- 18:13 Strobe lighting provides a flicker of hope in the fight against...
- 18:08 Nottingham luxury handbag designer targets Selfridges with new brand
- 18:07 Manhunt sparked after convicted arsonist escapes from Sudbury prison
- 18:07 'Flashing light therapy' for Alzheimer's
- 18:06 Telford & Wrekin Council emergency meeting over A&E plans - updates
- 18:06 Tata commits to future in Port Talbot - saving 4,000 jobs
- 18:06 Chelsea legend: This is why Diego Costa is totally outperforming...
- 18:05 Here’s the moment an exhausted baby seal was found wadding a mile...
- 18:05 Tastes of the black stuff at Gosberton Winter Ale Festival
- 18:05 Burglars steal child’s quad bike from Moulton