Trump plan would aid Wall Street despite end of carried interest
Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump in Sunday's debate reiterated his promise to kill the "carried interest" tax loophole that benefits hedge fund managers and others - but his tax plan offers other goodies to Wall Street financiers, a nonpartisan tax research group said on Tuesday.
Trump and Democratic rival Hillary Clinton's tax plans, which differ greatly, were compared side-by-side in reports by the Tax Policy Centre which focused on carried interest.
The loophole allows financial managers at private equity, hedge fund and other qualifying firms to pay the tax rate... read more
- 15:49 Fears grow for missing Skipton woman after 72 hours without contact
- 15:48 World's largest gambling hub ramps up security at amid fears of Las...
- 15:48 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:48 Ashley Young: Manchester United would be bonkers to not give Jose...
- 15:48 Rugby players Paddy Jackson and Stuart Olding to stand trial for rape
- 15:47 Jose Mourinho aims dig at Liverpool defender Dejan Lovren over...
- 15:47 WITH VIDEO: Going, going gone...
- 15:46 How you can get a job working as a PIZZA TASTER
- 15:46 Tamworth FC legend Dale Belford lands new manager's job
- 15:46 #saynotohate during National Hate Crime week
- 15:46 Lane closed on major Rugby road
- 15:46 Alex Palmer: Profiling the West Brom goalkeeper who could debut...
- 15:46 Halloween safety advice issued by Warwickshire Police
- 15:46 New artefacts at Battle of Edgehill exhibition for 375th anniversary
- 15:45 These are the most valuable old £1 coins
- 15:45 24-hour drug line trio locked up for 16 years
- 15:45 The quackery cures of yesteryear: From doctors giving women orgasms...
- 15:45 Would you buy one? £22 Piqapoo device clips on to your dog's tail...
- 15:44 Resort piers put on global protection list
- 15:44 The reason Apprentice losers always leave wearing scarves and coats
- 15:44 Former Coronation Street star Ryan Thomas joins Neighbours
- 15:44 Liam Gallagher waded into the Brexit debate in the most perfect way...
- 15:44 Catford park murder: Longer sentence for lost shoe boy killer
- 15:44 Aldi is now selling gin and tonic mince pies
- 15:44 Matt Lucas: Seeing a therapist allowed me to do Little Britain
- 15:44 Blac Chyna gets 11-month-old baby Dream’s ears pierced
- 15:43 When is the next full moon? Why November’s is called a ‘Frost Moon’
- 15:43 Notts emergency services train for serious road crash
- 15:42 Watch: Bumpy landing for holiday flight returning to Leeds Bradford...
- 15:42 Adams plans strong line-up for Evesham cup test