Trump denies any conflict of interest over business empire
Billionaire US President-elect Donald Trump has said he is not obliged to cut ties to his business empire when he takes office on 20 January.
A Democratic senator is tabling a resolution calling on him to liquidate his assets to prove he does not intend to profit from the office of president.
There is no legal requirement to liquidate assets but past US presidents have set aside their business dealings.
Mr Trump also disowned far right activists who hailed his election win.
"Alt-right" activists could be seen making Nazi salutes at a conference in Washington DC over the weekend,... read more
- 11:43 New hotel could be on the cards for Warwick
- 11:42 Six people charged over Hillsborough disaster including match...
- 11:42 Coventry City transfers: Mystery player pictured during pre-season...
- 11:42 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:42 Three injured after van ends up in ditch at Beeford
- 11:42 What Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has said about Nemanja...
- 11:42 Cumbria to be in fine voice for singing legend's return
- 11:42 'Precautionary' fire checks to be carried out within area's care...
- 11:41 Muslim children seek counselling after being called terrorists...
- 11:41 Operation underway to remove restaurant boat from Hartlepool Marina
- 11:41 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:41 Iconic Flying Scotsman steam train set to arrive in Melton
- 11:41 Man Utd Transfer News LIVE updates: Morata crunch talks, Galbraith...
- 11:41 Duckinfield, Bettison and others charged over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:41 Father and daughter to do 10,000ft skydive
- 11:41 Pair complete 24-hour walking marathon
- 11:40 Five friends have been recreating the same college photo since 1982
- 11:40 BREAKING: M1 closed in both directions in South Yorkshire due to...
- 11:40 Positive response received for Louth school changes
- 11:39 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:39 'Precautionary' fire checks to be carried out within area's care...
- 11:39 Free nursery places for 1,500 needy children to be CUT by...
- 11:39 BANK’S STARK WARNING: Britain heading for crash if lenders don’t...
- 11:38 CCTV appeal after bag stolen from Scarborough amusement arcade
- 11:38 Ex-police officer David Duckenfield charged with manslaughter and...
- 11:38 Two arrested in South Shields in computer software service fraud probe
- 11:38 Lucky Duckys delight crowds
- 11:38 Government invests £340,000 to remodel Harrogate A&E department
- 11:38 BREAKING: Six individuals to face charges over Hillsborough disaster
- 11:37 Passenger airport for Cumbria 'will bring boost to tourist economy'...