Troubled families scheme made 'no significant impact'
A £448 million government initiative to fix problem neighbours has had "no significant impact", according to a leading think-tank.
The Troubled Families Programme, launched in the wake of riots in 2011, was designed to turn around the lives of 120,000 of the most "troubled" families in England by 2015.
It was then extended for a further five years starting in 2015/16 to help an additional 400,000 families with hundreds of millions of pounds earmarked for the task - bringing the total cost to more than £1 billion.
But research by the National Institute of Economic and... read more
- 09:14 Ex-police chief behind Yorkshire Ripper study dies at 92
- 09:12 WEEKEND WEB: Two events raise cash for sports pavilion in 2000
- 09:09 China’s great leap forward in science
- 09:07 Donald Trump blames the FBI for not doing enough to stop Florida...
- 09:07 British charity backed by Meghan Markle denies staff sexually...
- 09:07 Special announcement: Thomas the Tank Engine is arriving in Carlisle
- 09:07 Donna Air confirms split from James Middleton revealing they...
- 09:06 Shocking images after car ploughs into garden wall
- 09:06 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:06 Kirklees student Haroon among the best in UK
- 09:04 IPL 2018 salaries: How much are Kohli, Dhoni and Smith paid? Which...
- 09:04 Winter Olympics 2018: Team GB curler Eve Muirhead makes revelation...
- 09:03 Sexual ‘exploitation’ warning to driving instructors
- 09:03 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 09:02 Jon Venables 'has secret girlfriend who knows he murdered James...
- 09:02 Meghan Markle 'fears royal life and is feeling constrained by...
- 09:02 Manchester United players shocked as Jose Mourinho launches furious...
- 09:00 Many reasons to celebrate for Middleton Cheney church
- 08:59 How about having a magical marble mirror cake for breakfast?
- 08:57 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:56 Motorway driving offences that could land you with HUGE fines – and...
- 08:56 Manchester United player ratings: How did Lukaku, Sanchez and co do...
- 08:56 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel updates, weather and more
- 08:54 Huge surge in interest for company’s trees
- 08:49 Range of changes at organisation
- 08:49 Children’s author promoting region
- 08:48 RISE AND SHINE: Your morning news round up
- 08:47 Police investigation underway after 'deliberate' garden fire...
- 08:46 Noticeboards considered by Berwick Town Council
- 08:46 Ikea is set to launch a vegan hot dog later this year